Sign in to follow this  
aidanlegras

Setting FCU requests on the FS labs A320 P3D 4.1

25 minutes ago, aidanlegras said:

Hi Gerald,

I had some luck a couple of days ago doing a longer flight with some abnormal hydraulics thrown in and for that flight I had the headings working correctly at one point but I have not been able to replicate that success. Nor have I had any luck getting the speed to work despite your update patch on this. 

I would be happy to tell you what I did that was different when I had some success but short of getting up to a higher altitude it's hard to see anything that I was doing that was any different. 

Something to say that may or may not be related. I've noticed that the FCU keeps getting "bumped" while on the ground presumably by the FO's hand leaving the vertical speed indicating plus one hundred feet. This has to be reset regularly prior to takeoff so now I just leave them off until I'm ready to go. Perhaps this has something to do with it. 

The FO bumping HDG and VS during detection is to ensure they aren't at zero.

Edit: Suggest you refrain from resetting those until detection has finished. Especially the VS. Could actually be the reason why it can't detect HDG

Regarding VC v 2D, I actually was mistaken myself.

While with FSX, you get the option to install VC only, 2D panels only or both, in P3D V4 it's not the case.

Pleased to say that once HDG, SPD and ALT are detected, you could freely switch between VC and 2D.

SPD is the only thing that appears to be hard to detect, more so with the IAE variant. Are you using mostly CFM or IAE?

Will have new dlls beginning of next week.

Hi Gerald,

Ok, so you sat that I should leave the FD's alone until I see a message in the top left hand side indicate that the FCU is ready. I have been doing this already but it recurs often, so I'm not sure how this would be related but I'll certainly continue to do that for now.

Regarding this:

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

Regarding VC v 2D, I actually was mistaken myself.

While with FSX, you get the option to install VC only, 2D panels only or both, in P3D V4 it's not the case.

Pleased to say that once HDG, SPD and ALT are detected, you could freely switch between VC and 2D.

So are you saying that I can leave my set up as is and wait for the new DLL?

To answer your question, I'm using IAE's only, does this make any difference?

Cheers

2 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

Hi Gerald,

Ok, so you sat that I should leave the FD's alone until I see a message in the top left hand side indicate that the FCU is ready. I have been doing this already but it recurs often, so I'm not sure how this would be related but I'll certainly continue to do that for now.

Regarding this:

So are you saying that I can leave my set up as is and wait for the new DLL?

To answer your question, I'm using IAE's only, does this make any difference?

Cheers

You can click any button as you wish. Just need to let him bump HDG and VS to ensure the values aren't at zero. 

There are millions of VAS memory locations that would have zero as the value. It's part of the search optimization to filter them out. We'll be adding an on-screen message to remind you about that.

The only thing that seems less reliable is SPD detection when using IAE. It's a bit of a hit and miss at the moment, with that specific variant.

Pretty sure, when you refrain from resetting VS to zero, HDG would be found, and HDG/VS - TRACK-FPA status would also be known, so that when you request a FCU track and it's in HDG-VS, FO will press the button to switch it to TRACK-FPA first, before dialing the FCU track..

With engines running and IRS aligned, you start MCE, and the "mcfslA3Xdll" running inside the sim should find all of them (except SPD) within 2 minutes.

When you start from cold and dark and fire MCE, HDG would be the last to be found, and it may take up to 11 minutes after IRS have been moved to NAV.

No need to re-install anything, You can also switch between VC and 2D and expect FO to handle everything he can manipulate in VC.

Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a go when the new install arrives. I'm back at work now so there's a little less time to play around but I appreciate your follow up. Cheers. 

On 11/19/2017 at 6:52 PM, aidanlegras said:

Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a go when the new install arrives. I'm back at work now so there's a little less time to play around but I appreciate your follow up. Cheers. 

Please download this patch

Manually replace files as per folder structure.

When FO is incrementing HDG & VS during FCU detection, let him do it

Where are the patches? The links are dead.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Where are the patches? The links are dead.

Thanks

Because patches can only be applied to specific MCE versions, once the patch is part of the latest uploaded package, the link is deleted.

If you have MCE V2.7.4.2 or higher, you already have the patch.

• Upvote 1