Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Aileron not working after departure

I just got airborne on my first Q400/FS2Crew flight, and had no Aileron authority.

I checked the gust lock, and even cycled it a couple of times, still no ailerons.

I checked FSUIPC, and it was picking up my yoke movements.  I checked the Q400 control panel, and it was showing my Aileron control movements, but in the sim my yoke was dead.

Switching on Autopilot allowed the virtual yoke to move, so it doesn't seem to be gust lock related.

Thanks for any help in advance

beta.gif

Hi Bryan,

No, I used your defaults from the manual.

The rest of the joysticks are working, I have elevator, rudder, throttles (and my T1600 as tiller through the spoiler axis).

As I said, in the Majestic control panel, if you turn the yoke, it moves the aileron axis, but not in the aircraft.

I have just made another couple of flights without FS2Crew, and all is fine.

I'll try again with FS2Crew and see if it does it again

beta.gif

2 hours ago, NeilC said:

Ps, the immersion of P3D v4 with Flyinside/Oculus and FS2Crew is fantastic

I've never tried a VC headset... how does the FS2Crew Panel appear with a VC headset?  Does it appear to float in space?  And how to you click buttons with the mouse?

I'm just about to give it another go.

The only problem with VR is having to read the tutorial with the goggles on.  It is a bit of a pain.  Much easier in 2D.  Apparently there is a way to import a window into FlyInside, so that you can read the PDF inside the goggles.  I'll have to look into that.

The FS2Crew window stays wherever you put it (yes it does float in midair, but this is not strange when inside VR).  All the doubters out there, I flew 6000 hours in the MD80 in FS9 (it was part of my life), but after trying VR, I can't go back to flat screen.  VR is the way ahead, and even in its current (low res) form, it is so far ahead of anything else in terms of immersion.

I'll try again now and let you know about the Ailerons. 

beta.gif

I managed a complete flight without any problems.  Must have done something wrong on the first flight.

The only outstanding question I have, with the Maddog, if you didn't know the absolute correct response to a check list challenge (although after a few months it was second nature), you could say "next" and it would skip to the next item.  Could you possibly program similar into the DH8D, as some of the responses are very specific, and aren't always picked up!

beta.gif

1 hour ago, NeilC said:

I managed a complete flight without any problems.  Must have done something wrong on the first flight.

The only outstanding question I have, with the Maddog, if you didn't know the absolute correct response to a check list challenge (although after a few months it was second nature), you could say "next" and it would skip to the next item.  Could you possibly program similar into the DH8D, as some of the responses are very specific, and aren't always picked up!

We have that.

The phrase used I recall is "Set and Checked".

I am having a similar issue. 

Everything was working fine. No big changes but all of a sudden the ailerons are not responsive in the q400. 

My ailerons and all other controls work fine in all other airplanes just not q400. 

The movement is captured by the mjc control panel. 

In the sim the yoke moves with my movements but not for the ailerons. 

I checked and none of my other controllers are mapped to the ailerons axis except for my Saitek pro flight yoke. 

I don't think this is an FS2Crew issue, but try re-installing the aircraft.

And double check the overhead panel is setup.  You may need hydraulic power before the ailerons can move.

You may also want to ask the Dash 8 Developer.

Best,

This problem never re-occurred for me.

It was on one of my first flights, and I think I must have just missed something.  I don't think I re-installed anything, it just never happened again.

Hope you solve it,

beta.gif