Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Restoring ASCA after using other graphics packages ?

Hi Folks,

Like many - I have more than one package for graphics and sky textures - while I realize ENVTEX plays nicely with ASCA - REX Textures Direct probably doesn't - - - so once I'm done playing with other textures and I want to reset ASCA to it's original "clean install" condition - what's the best way to do that ?

Regards,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am having this combo. ASCA,ENVTEX and REX4 Direct with Soft CLouds.

In ASCA i leave checked only the Cloud Structure in the settings, and in that way i am using Global Dynamic preset with other packages.

ASCA is NOT contaminated in this way. So when you need to go back to ASCA, check Sky & clouds in options , install the preset and off you go...

Unless i understood something wrong...

On 10/29/2017 at 1:18 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Like many - I have more than one package for graphics and sky textures - while I realize ENVTEX plays nicely with ASCA - REX Textures Direct probably doesn't - - - so once I'm done playing with other textures and I want to reset ASCA to it's original "clean install" condition - what's the best way to do that ?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

You have two options:

1) Check all options in config and select your favorite global theme,

2) Check all options in config and select dynamic weather theme.

When you are ready to try different REX textures or clouds, uncheck textures or clouds in ASCA config and a global theme.