ctruong

Aural Siren Requiring Pilot Response

Hi ,

In PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II, I had noticed that if you are away from the simulation for 15-20 minutes, the aural siren goes off and asking for 'Pilot Response'.

In previous PMDG's products, I do not recalled that this feature is available.

I had tried looking into the PMDG's settings and cannot find anything which would disable this setting.

Any response and advise would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

ctruong.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

it's called the crew alertness monitor

should be on page 22 of the equipment options . i believe the 777 also has this. 

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

Also just a reminder that PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your first and last name. But yes, Andy is correct.

22 hours ago, ctruong said:

In PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II, I had noticed that if you are away from the simulation for 15-20 minutes, the aural siren goes off and asking for 'Pilot Response'.

In previous PMDG's products, I do not recalled that this feature is available.

I had tried looking into the PMDG's settings and cannot find anything which would disable this setting.

Any response and advise would be very much appreciated.

Always read the Intro Manual.

Page 89:

CREW ALERTNESS MONITOR: Use this option to turn the monitor ON or OFF. The aircraft continuously monitors switch action on the MCP, EFIS control panel, display select panel, CDUs, and radio transmitter microphone switches. When a predefined time elapses after the last switch action was detected, the EICAS alert message PILOT RESPONSE is displayed. The message is inhibited below 20,000 feet, during climb, and when flaps are not up.

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

The message is inhibited below 20,000 feet, during climb, and when flaps are not up.

If you wanna take a nap just decend to 19000ft and you are fine :cool:

• Upvote 1

Or use AUTO CRUISE/AUTO TIME COMPRESSION... then the feature is also inhibited in the simulation.