Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

ActiveSky Next for p3d v4.

Recommended Posts

I just looked at the hifi website and correct me if I'm wrong, but ASN is not compatible with p3d v4?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You have to upgrade to Active Sky for P3Dv4 (ASP4)

Share this post


Link to post

Did not know this. Thanks guys!

Is it a nice update from ASN?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Did not know this. Thanks guys!

Is it a nice update from ASN?

I personally think so. Plus, it’s the only one that will work with v4 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Milton Waddams said:

I personally think so. Plus, it’s the only one that will work with v4 😉 

Haha you're definitely right on that one.

I just built a new rig and got my hand on p3d v4 for the first time today. V4 is a huge improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

I just built a new rig and got my hand on p3d v4 for the first time today. V4 is a huge improvement.

Isn’t it? It’s so freeing not being bound by 32 bit memory limitations!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Milton Waddams said:

Isn’t it? It’s so freeing not being bound by 32 bit memory limitations!

I thought the 64 bit stuff was just hype but I guess I was wrong.

This tied with an 8700k makes one hell of an experience.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

This tied with an 8700k makes one hell of an experience.

How’s the 8700k? I haven’t really heard anyone around here talk about it all that much.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Is it a nice update from ASN?

some of  niceties as listed on HiFI website

'New ASP4 Features

Redesigned 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface with tight P3Dv4 integration

Updated XGauge radar and weather display gauge, now in 64-bit

New Air Effect Enhancements including Low-Interval Smoothing for a more organic and realistic feel to updrafts, downdrafts, thermals, gusts, sheer, turbulence and microbursts

New Visibility Depiction Enhancements including new low and high altitude visibility horizon distance adjustment options

New Active Runway Data, showing the active runway in use based on current wind conditions via Map pop-ups, Conditions Screen METAR text and Briefing text

General improvements in performance and stability throughout'

 bob

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

How’s the 8700k? I haven’t really heard anyone around here talk about it all that much.

I can from a 2700k and what I've experienced with the 8700k is mind blowing.

I plan on writing a whole write up on it tomorrow sometime.

I never thought I could get 50fps with the pmdg 747 out of ksfo hd v2. It's paired with a 1080 ti at 4k as well.

I was able to get it OCed to 5 ghz at 1.305v on a kraken x62 AIO.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, onebob said:

some of  niceties as listed on HiFI website

'New ASP4 Features

Redesigned 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface with tight P3Dv4 integration

Updated XGauge radar and weather display gauge, now in 64-bit

New Air Effect Enhancements including Low-Interval Smoothing for a more organic and realistic feel to updrafts, downdrafts, thermals, gusts, sheer, turbulence and microbursts

New Visibility Depiction Enhancements including new low and high altitude visibility horizon distance adjustment options

New Active Runway Data, showing the active runway in use based on current wind conditions via Map pop-ups, Conditions Screen METAR text and Briefing text

General improvements in performance and stability throughout'

 bob

Thanks for that Bob.

In your experience, do these features add a lot to your experience?

Just curious

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Thanks for that Bob.

In your experience, do these features add a lot to your experience?

Just curious

Didn't notice anything of all that marketing blah blah so those features didn't add anything at all to my experience. But it's still the best weather engine out there. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I can from a 2700k and what I've experienced with the 8700k is mind blowing.

I plan on writing a whole write up on it tomorrow sometime.

I never thought I could get 50fps with the pmdg 747 out of ksfo hd v2. It's paired with a 1080 ti at 4k as well.

I was able to get it OCed to 5 ghz at 1.305v on a kraken x62 AIO.

1.305v or 1.35v? 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

In your experience, do these features add a lot to your experience?

Not into all the detail of the improvements but havn't as yet not altered any settings in ASP4, In just using the default cloud textures I'm happy with it.

hWVMfJW.jpg

 

bob

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I can from a 2700k and what I've experienced with the 8700k is mind blowing.

I plan on writing a whole write up on it tomorrow sometime.

I never thought I could get 50fps with the pmdg 747 out of ksfo hd v2. It's paired with a 1080 ti at 4k as well.

I was able to get it OCed to 5 ghz at 1.305v on a kraken x62 AIO.

Please do mate :) i also have a1080ti waiting for it, but i need to see more about the behaviour of the animal in our so specific enviroment to decide if my canyon's devel is worth a replacement!

 

OP sorry for the off topic, as for ASP4 comming from AS go for it, you wont regret it... and if you can add ASCA to the package, even better ;)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, w6kd said:

1.305v or 1.35v? 

1.305v I feel I won the silicon lottery. I ran prime 95 for 5 hours without any issues.

I felt it was pointless to go any longer with prime 95. I'll run OCCT if someone really wants me to. But I don't see the point.

I started at 1.280v at first but noticed one of my cores kept failing prime 95 within 5 or 10 minutes. I upped it little by little and it's been holding firm since then.

I use the small FFT test for prime 95. The 8k pass throws temps up to the mid 80s but that was the highest it got.

Running p3d v4.1 and other games, it doesn't get any hotter than 72 degrees. It usually hovers around high 60s.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I felt it was pointless to go any longer with prime 95. I'll run OCCT if someone really wants me to. But I don't see the point.

Through the years I have seen many clocks pass P95 and fail OCCT.  For flight sims - OCCT is a must IMHO as it stresses the cpu. memory interaction much as FSX or P3D do. P95 doesn't affect that so if you want to stress your clock the same as it would get in loaded flight sim operation - OCCT is it.

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

How’s the 8700k? I haven’t really heard anyone around here talk about it all that much.

I  bought one and installed new rig today.  I can get 5.1 out of it with a corsair 110i.  Looking forward to testing it tomorrow 😘 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Through the years I have seen many clocks pass P95 and fail OCCT.  For flight sims - OCCT is a must IMHO as it stresses the cpu. memory interaction much as FSX or P3D do. P95 doesn't affect that so if you want to stress your clock the same as it would get in loaded flight sim operation - OCCT is it.

Vic

I actually downloaded OCCT yesterday  becasue I read what you wrote in another thread about this exact same thing. 

 

However, OCCT wouldnt install for some reason. I ll try again tonight and see how it goes :)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Please do mate :) i also have a1080ti waiting for it, but i need to see more about the behaviour of the animal in our so specific enviroment to decide if my canyon's devel is worth a replacement!

 

OP sorry for the off topic, as for ASP4 comming from AS go for it, you wont regret it... and if you can add ASCA to the package, even better ;)

got the write up done! its in the Prepar3d Forum.

its tiled "My i7-2700k to i7-8700k upgrade experience!"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this