Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is it possible to change the zoom factor of outside environment and the exterior view of an airplane INDEPENDENTLY?

This was something I think I could do did back in FS2004, but not since.  You could hold down a key combination to make either the plane or the outside environment change its zoom factor, and it made for wonderful crisper outside screenshots that you can't do w/ the default behavior in P3D because the closer you get to the plane exterior the closer you get to the background environment which gets more and more fuzzy/pixilation of sorts.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hello Noel,

With the current sims, I would simply move the camera viewpoint in closer to the aircraft model while keeping the camera zoom at the same level. I don't think that the sim does this natively though, except through pre-configured camera definitions. You will probably want one of the many camera control addons out there, one that allows you to freely move the camera even when in outside view.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Noel said:

This was something I think I could do did back in FS2004, but not since.  You could hold down a key combination to make either the plane or the outside environment change its zoom factor, and it made for wonderful crisper outside screenshots that you can't do w/ the default behavior in P3D because the closer you get to the plane exterior the closer you get to the background environment which gets more and more fuzzy/pixilation of sorts.  

This would make no sense. I guess you are talking about the external views and what you are probably remembering is that you can change the 'chase distance' as well as the zoom. From memory this is mapped to CTRL- and CTL= in FSX, so maybt he same in P3D.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Yes, CTRL - works in P3D. Brings you closer to the plane without changing the zoom of the background.

Johan Pienaar

EZDOK will do the trick.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

8 hours ago, MarkDH said:

From memory this is mapped to CTRL- and CTL= in FSX, so maybt he same in P3D.

8 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Yes, CTRL - works in P3D. Brings you closer to the plane without changing the zoom of the background.

Awesome!  I haven't tried it yet but I guess I had forgotten which keys did it!  Thanks a lot!  Don't want any other camera apps so this hopefully will do the trick.

Cheers n Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 11/15/2017 at 0:11 AM, pinepix62 said:

Damn!  It doesn't work!  When I use 'Ctrl -' BOTH the external plane and I guess chase distance change to the same degree, but incrementally so one can make smaller adjustments than just using +/-.   I'm using P3D V3.0.

Noel

48 minutes ago, Noel said:

Damn!  It doesn't work!  When I use 'Ctrl -' BOTH the external plane and I guess chase distance change to the same degree, but incrementally so one can make smaller adjustments than just using +/-.   I'm using P3D V3.0.

Then it's SHIFT- and SHIFT=. The other one is (as you have found) fine zoom control.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro