Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

Yaw damper

I thought when you clicked on the AP the YD would work but it isn't working on my plane is there a tweak I can do to fix this? and I am running version 1.2 as I just got this plane tonight

None of the Carenado autopilots operate according to the factory manual...  do you have the actual manual to indicate YD operation for this airplane?

If so, I can probably fix it for you..

Contact me via PM.

Bert

Off topic, but, since we're all gathered round, does the IAS mode work in this plane?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I can't get the yaw damper to work also (P3D4.1). I click on it and there is an audible click but it remains off.  And another little quirk my usual Saitek yoke button (set to z in fsuipc) for turning the auto pilot on doesn't work -  I get an audible "autopilot" annunciation but the AP remains off.  However the default keyboard command ie z does work.  I have had to set a button on my orbweaver to z for the autopilot on the Phenom 300.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I can't get the yaw damper to work also (P3D4.1). I click on it and there is an audible click but it remains off.  And another little quirk my usual Saitek yoke button (set to z in fsuipc) for turning the auto pilot on doesn't work -  I get an audible "autopilot" annunciation but the AP remains off.  However the default keyboard command ie z does work.  I have had to set a button on my orbweaver to z for the autopilot on the Phenom 300.

How do you have the yaw damper command set up?  Through P3D?  Through FSUIPC?  Are you sending a key or mapping it to an FSX command?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

8 hours ago, awash2002 said:

I thought when you clicked on the AP the YD would work but it isn't working on my plane is there a tweak I can do to fix this? and I am running version 1.2 as I just got this plane tonight

I have it. I will post it tonight. 

I've also noticed the condition levers are in idle cutoff when I load the plane is this a bug as well?

20 minutes ago, awash2002 said:

I've also noticed the condition levers are in idle cutoff when I load the plane is this a bug as well?

I would think that's normal.  Props would be forward...the others would be back...unless you had 8-year olds playing in it.

Gregg Seipp

Here is the skinny on the Cheyenne II yaw damper.  Carenado does not really turn the FSX/P3D yaw damper on.  They use a dummy variable to make the switch look like the yaw damper is on.  In the RL KFC-300 AP/FD/YD system, the yaw damper must be on for the autopilot to work.  There is a little tab on the switch itself that moves the yaw damper switch to the on position if the autopilot switch is moved to the on position.  The yaw damper can be on without the autopilot, but the autopilot can not be on without the yaw damper.

I have a modification that corrects the AP/YD but also does many other things with the airplane, including modification of the FDE, adjustments to limit propeller surging, clickspots in the VC for various functions, etc.  It has been a while since I did the mod and would take me a while to isolate just the YD mod.  

If you want to try the entire modification, please PM me and I will send you a link.   

Apologies I posted in the wrong forum re the yaw damper -  it should have been in the Phenom 300 forum however it appears to be a similar issue.  I don't have the Cheyenne.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."