Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aerozone Cheyenne Sounds - Anyone?

On 12/7/2017 at 8:41 PM, whamil77 said:

I think there is going to be a problem with the Aerzone sounds.  The .wav files simply won't work in their present form.  I would have to modify them with an audio program to make them fit the startup mod sequence.  I am having some success doing that.  Problem is......I'm pretty sure I can't legally distribute them in modified form (or any other form for that matter).  If it was simply a matter of re-mixing the sound.cfg file that would probably be OK.  But there is no way to  get the modified .wav files to you guys without getting into trouble with Aerzone and AVSIM. 

@whamil77 Technically i think you could. Audio files are just binary files like any other so technically you could make a patch for them in the same way you can make a patch for a .exe/.dll file etc with something like patch maker. That way you dont need do distribute the modified files, only a patch.

Juan Ramos

On 12/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Raymie,

Good thought - but - I don't think that was the case with the DA model - gear were down - full flaps - I think if you retarded the power lever in flight to where the torque went below 400 an audible alarm would sound - and the alarm annunciator would light... In all the years I flew the thing (FS9 => P3D) - I never really looked into the root cause - just made a point of keeping my torque above 400 in flight...

Thanks for the response and good discussion...

Regards,
Scott 

Sorry for a late answer, but I got interested back into flying the Cheyenne II and got the Carenado model. The gear warning comes on under different conditions of power and flaps, which was programmed by DA. I will have a look if it can be included in the Carenado via entries in the aircraft.cfg. I think she also had a clean throttle limit to maintain some systems support like pressurization, but not sure, would need to look it up.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Hi, if you replace [gear_warning_system] entry in the original with the one below you will get:

- A gear warning that you have not lowered the gear if your throttle position is below 15% travel (about 200 ft-lb) and your flap is in 15 degree position

- A gear warning that you have not lowered the gear independent from throttle position if your flap is in full down position

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 1
pct_throttle_limit =  0.15    //Percent throttle that activates warning
flap_limit_idle    = 14.5     //Flap angle that activates warning at idle
flap_limit_power   = 39.5     //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger