pkofman

p3dv4 big blue streaks and lines

Recommended Posts

While using p3d -v4 i am now getting randon blue streaks and tearing across my screen. ( random )

I am running a 1080 ti card.

Setting - graphics at about 75%

I tried it with vsync on and off . same situation

What would cause this situation typically?

Peter

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, pkofman said:

While using p3d -v4 i am now getting randon blue streaks and tearing across my screen. ( random )

I am running a 1080 ti card.

Setting - graphics at about 75%

I tried it with vsync on and off . same situation

What would cause this situation typically?

Peter

 

 

What resolution are you using? and what CPU?

They could be artefacts due to bad OC settings on your video card or because the GPU is overloaded.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, simbol said:

What resolution are you using? and what CPU?

They could be artefacts due to bad OC settings on your video card or because the GPU is overloaded.

Regards,
Simbol

Thank you, I noticed on the card that the temps were in the 60's and the memory was only at about 10% ( but the program from asus ) measuring this could be incorrect. Is it a memory issue typically or did i mess up some setting? I feel like this could be just about anything so maybe a reset program repair is in order...

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, pkofman said:

Thank you, I noticed on the card that the temps were in the 60's and the memory was only at about 10% ( but the program from asus ) measuring this could be incorrect. Is it a memory issue typically or did i mess up some setting? I feel like this could be just about anything so maybe a reset program repair is in order...

Peter

Peter,

You need to monitor your system before jumping into any conclusions, what resolution are you running PD3 at? this will have an impact on the video card.

Try to see if your GPU is running at 90% or close to 100% when these lines appear, temperature is just an indication that it is under load but 60c might be regarded as normal, what you need to monitor is the GPU load and the memory load.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, simbol said:

Peter,

You need to monitor your system before jumping into any conclusions, what resolution are you running PD3 at? this will have an impact on the video card.

Try to see if your GPU is running at 90% or close to 100% when these lines appear, temperature is just an indication that it is under load but 60c might be regarded as normal, what you need to monitor is the GPU load and the memory load.

Regards,
Simbol

Thanks next time it happens ill take a screenshot

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-11-27 at 1:40 PM, pkofman said:

Thanks next time it happens ill take a screenshot

Pete

well for some reason I could not take a screenshot but I have isolated the blue streaks to traffic. It seems as though the streaks are created in the wake of all AI. Imagine a blue "contrail" behind all aircraft even when taxing on the ground.. Ill try repairing all of the textures but beyond that i don't know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post

Im getting allot of odd blue lines with my AI- traffic and a few other odd anomalies

( i basically have what could only be described as blue contrails trailing behind the path of all traffic.)

very odd

I recall i could delete my fsx.cfg file and it would regen.

Can i do the same with p3d v4.cfg 

Are there any other files that i can delete that will regenerate to default upon a restart.

I would like to allow  the sim to reset  

Something has gone crazy and i cant figure it out so rather than reinstall i would like to give this a shot 

 

Thank you 

Peter

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, pkofman said:

Thank you 

Peter

 

Peter,

Since you already have a topic about this, I merged your new topic to the existing one. To make it easier for users to help you on a particular issue, please keep it to one topic and don’t open additional ones.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

Peter you would not have Navigation Visuals enabling ribbon visuals ??  Menu >Navigation>Navigation Visuals..

 

Jorge

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Peter,

Since you already have a topic about this, I merged your new topic to the existing one. To make it easier for users to help you on a particular issue, please keep it to one topic and don’t open additional ones.

Thanks

thanks for merging them , i was not exactly sure what to do as the question was slightly different but it all helps regardless 

Thank you

Peter

Share this post


Link to post

Well, now I just feel plain dumb....The note about navigations visuals was the correct reference. 

I do not recall ever even going into that menu but I must have done something because the item was checked.

Thanks for the tip and unchecking the item in that menu solved my problem

Thanks to aeronaut!

Peter

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Peter , don't feel like that , I  found it the hard way too..:biggrin:

 

Jorge

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now