C130FE

Setting up Voice Attack with RC4

Recommended Posts

I found this in a post here on the forum.  I tried using these commands in Voice attack but I think I set them up incorrectly for example, when approaching the destination airport, I would request weather, and I would get tower instead.  Here are the commands I want to set up in Voice Attack. Would appreciate it if someone could give me an example as to how to set them up properly.  Thanks for your help.

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+0
Select zero
Main menu

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+1
Select one
Acknowledge and contact
Affirm
Clearance delivery, ready to copy
Choose landing mode
Contact approach
Contact clearance delivery
Contact control
Contact delivery
Contact departure
Contact (the) destination tower
Contact ground
Contact next control
Contact tower
Delivery ready to copy
Direct to waypoint
Next control
Monitor tower
Ready for departure
Request taxi
Request vectored approach
Tune to the tower

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+2
Select two
Abort take off
Declare rejected takeoff
Declare aborted takeoff
Flight critique
Get ATIS
Get local ATIS information
Get weather briefing
Going missed
Missed approach
Reject take off
Request departure runway
Request push and start
Request runway
Request runway for departure
Request to leave frequency for weather
Request visual approach
Request weather

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+3
Select three
Contact ground for clearance
End radar contact
Get clearance
Ground ready to copy
Notam on course
Request P D descent
Request return to airport

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+4
Select four
Clearance by F F S
Declare emergency
Request higher
Request I A P approach
Wind check

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+5
Select five
Clearance en route
Clearance in air
Contact ground for push and start
Field in sight
Request landing runway
Request lower
Request runway for landing

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+6
Select six
Unable to comply

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+7
Select seven
Acknowledge
Acknowledge hand off
Acknowledge I F R clearance
Cleared for take off
Cleared to land
Cleared to {WAYPOINT} as filed
Copy {FLIGHTNUMBER}   (e.g. "Copy 1123")
Copy {AIRLINEATC} {FLIGHTNUMBER}   (e.g. "Copy Speedbird 1123")
Expect vectors runway {RUNWAY}
Line up and wait
Position and hold
Read back clearance
Ready to copy
Taxi into position and hold
Taxi to the ramp
Taxi to and hold short of
Traffic in sight

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+8
Select eight
Previous menu

Emits Keys CTRL+SHIFT+9
Select nine
Select niner
Next menu

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+O
Over to next controller

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+P
Display flight plan

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+R
Please repeat instruction
Repeat instruction
Repeat last instruction

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+;
Save radar contact

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+L
Set nav frequencies

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+K
Hand back communications
Take over communications

Emits CTRL+SHIFT+M
Hand back plane
Take over plane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here using Voice Attack, since pretty well all of these commands can be achieved using your own voice command to RC4 via MCE, or alternatively just say "your comms" or similar to the MCE FO (if using William, Stuart (me btw) or Lorna) and the FO will handle the communication with ATC.

There is some good documentation on interfacing with RC4 in the documents folder of MCE.

Give it a try.

Stuart

p.s. search YouTube for David Herky RC4 and MCE for some great video examples of using Voice with RC4 and/or MCE.

Sorry, just noticed this is on RC4 forum, so perhaps you don't have MCE. Would suggest trying the demo if that is the case, you'll never look back! 

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here using Voice Attack, since pretty well all of these commands can be achieved using your own voice command to RC4 via MCE, or alternatively just say "your comms" or similar to the MCE FO (if using William, Stuart (me btw) or Lorna) and the FO will handle the communication with ATC.

Hi Stuart, I tried MCE but didn't have much luck trying to get it to work.  So I just gave up.  Seems that there are only a couple of people who have figured it out.  I've tried it with PF3 and RC4 and couldn't seem to get it to work properly.  It's a great concept (if you can actually get it to work).  I don't see many people on the MCE forum saying what a great product it is.  You and David seem to be about the only people I can find that have gotten it to work.  Guess I just don't know enough about computers to get most of this stuff to work.  I don't know, maybe I'll go back to MCE later but for now Voice attack, while not perfect works for me.  I just gotta figure out how to fine tune it.

Rodger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to you Roger, but MCE is worth persevering with, especially being able to use voice with RC4. The MCE support forum on Avsim is excellent at giving advice.

Anyway, I haven't used Voice Attack myself so can't really help with your issue. If you are not getting anywhere it may be worth sending David Herky a private message on the MCE forum, as I know he has used Voice Attack too, and has always been very helpful to me. His member name on Avsim is Charlie130.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Stuart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STUART_H said:

Up to you Roger, but MCE is worth persevering with, especially being able to use voice with RC4. The MCE support forum on Avsim is excellent at giving advice.

Anyway, I haven't used Voice Attack myself so can't really help with your issue. If you are not getting anywhere it may be worth sending David Herky a private message on the MCE forum, as I know he has used Voice Attack too, and has always been very helpful to me. His member name on Avsim is Charlie130.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.  You are correct in that the support forum for MCE is excellent.  I did send David Herky a PM yesterday about his Voice Attack profile.  Just waiting for a reply.  Probably somewhere down the road I will give MCE another try.  My computer skills is what is lacking here.  Thanks again, Stuart.

Rodger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, C130FE said:

I don't see many people on the MCE forum saying what a great product it is.  

Then you can't have looked very far !

MCE/RC4 has completely transformed my sim experience and I would never fly my PMDG 747 without them.

Without doubt, the best add-on you can install and worth every penny.

And that's from a TG.  :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tight Git said:

Then you can't have looked very far !

MCE/RC4 has completely transformed my sim experience and I would never fly my PMDG 747 without them.

Without doubt, the best add-on you can install and worth every penny.

And that's from a TG.  :biggrin:

Great to hear.  That makes about 3 that I've heard of now.  Good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now