Sign in to follow this  
pedrotrindade

Brian Shul on piloting the SR-71

Just to share with you guys this outstanding testimony of a veteran pilot. Of his genre the best video I ever seen. Enjoy.:cool:

Quoted from the source on YT:

"In this talk at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Vietnam-era attack pilot and retired Air Force major Brian Shul, author of "Sled Driver: Flying the World's Fastest Jet," reveals fascinating details of piloting the SR-71. Using his rare aviation slides and stories as a vehicle, he tells a broader inspired story of hope, overcoming obstacles and daring to dream."

• Upvote 2

Thanks Pedro.

I'm so delighted that you posted this.

I have just watched it from start to finish. That man is such an inspiration - and what a unique presentation.

( needed a hankie, though, for that last few minutes).

..and what a breathtaking aircraft.

Regards

Bill

Brilliant stuff, thanks for posting this. What a man!

That was great. And it's absolutely true what he says about coming close to death and how it can change you in a really positive way.

I had exactly the same epiphany occur after a motorcycle crash messed me up nearly 20 years ago, an accident in which I actually died briefly and was revived in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I had to undergo months of plastic surgery to rebuild my face and had to spend a painful time learning to walk again when I left the hospital, but I realised when something like that happens to you, if you can come through it and make it out to the other side, then there is nothing to be afraid of in life, so it's up to you to do all the things you want to and not listen to anyone who says that you can't do them, because you can. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here