Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Orbx Airports

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, NickJZX said:

Love Palm Springs too, can get a 37 in there no problem and it also has a smaller runway beside the main for other aircraft. Eagle county is a blast too, the approach is quite fun. The areas around both of these airports look amazing.

Palm Springs is one of my favorites too, but shouldn't it have an ILS runway?

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Hi Folks,

It's Palm Springs - it's always sunny ?

:laugh:

My guess - they don't have proper terrain clearance for a true ILS... The approaches they do have all curve or are offset...

The Garmin GPS crowd can't utilize RNP approaches - won't handle the arc segments - so that leave you with a single non-precision approach for all the bug smashers... The big tin will use the RNP precision approaches...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 12/12/2017 at 10:21 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

I only recently moved to P3Dv4 plus FTX Vector - in P3Dv3 I used Ultimate Terrain X - never owned GEX - I think for a time I had KJAC installed without owning the region - the area covered by the airport seemed to cover much of the Grand Tetons - at least the noticeable stuff on the way in... That's my best recollection and I didn't notice any real issues... You'll probably get some color mismatch on then edges transitioning from ORBX to GEX. If you fly in there often - the regions do a very nice job for a much wider swath and you gain that almost every airport in the area is upgraded to the ORBX "Freeware" level (which is pretty decent in my humble opinion)... I've made many trips into Sun Valley (seriously - THIS airport has never been done to full detail ?) which I like a great deal...

With the sale on - try KJAC - if it doesn't work - pick up the region ? UTX shouldn't be an issue...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott:

I kept staring at that 45% off and finally took the leap. And the scenery is really very nice as you said. Also the winter landscape blends in just fine with the surroundings. I especially liked the brush shown white alongside the taxiways and runway. Looks like plowed snow :)

I may just pick up another airport or two from them during this sale.

Thanks again

Rick

• Upvote 1

Hi Rick,

Happy to help...

I've never been disappointed with an ORBX purchase...

IIRC - Monterey requires the mesh mod from the NORCAL region - without it - it's unusable...

Sedona AZ, Telluride CO, and Eagle CO - are all "Global" products - so they don't even list a "region" required...

Sedona is very cool with the aircraft carrier style landing in completely different terrain than Jackson Hole...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7