Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Replacement GSX voice pack for de-icers

20 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Just completed the first flight using this new sound package and again, find it really good!

One question though. When I parked at my destination and asked GSX for deboarding I heard the ground crew saying somthing like "Baggage handling complete" at the same time I opened up the left hand doors to start the actual deboarding of the PAX.

Felt a bit weird having that kind of message during deboarding and while the baggage process unloading the aircraft was still underway?

If I'm not mistaken it was the same sound/phrase I heard during departure and then it matched what was actually happening much better because I think it played exactly when the baggage loading indeed was complete.

Found this sound which is called seat_belt.wav which is a file I ended up restoring back to original GSX which actually sounds like the seat_belt sign coming on/off.

Part from this minor thing it's a great package and a huge improvement over the poor default GSX voices!!

Richard Åsberg

9 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

For anyone else who like to use the method to have GSX not replacing your modified files when you update GSX posted by Eric.

Make sure the filename is dontupdate rather than donotupdate.

My error, thanks for sorting the correct name. Just put in the sub folders containing the files you dont want updated.

Eric 

A follow-up question on this now that I've tried out the new de-icing dialogue on a couple of flights.

I noticed that if I choose to not use the de-icing services the ground crew will still tell me when asking for pushback that icing conditions are present and that I will be cleared to start the engines after pushback has been completed. I'm told this prior to pushback and then I'm told the same thing at least one more time or might even be two times before the ground crew finally disconnects after pushback has been completed.

This obviously isn't related to the alternate sound package but rather the logic in GSX and the pushback routine.

Anyone else noticed this or could it be that I have some issue in my installation of GSX?

Richard Åsberg

30 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I noticed that if I choose to not use the de-icing services the ground crew will still tell me when asking for pushback that icing conditions are present and that I will be cleared to start the engines after pushback has been completed. I'm told this prior to pushback and then I'm told the same thing at least one more time or might even be two times before the ground crew finally disconnects after pushback has been completed.

This obviously isn't related to the alternate sound package but rather the logic in GSX and the pushback routine.

Anyone else noticed this or could it be that I have some issue in my installation of GSX?

No it's not just you, I heard that audio clip play twice as well on my last flight. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

22 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

No it's not just you, I heard that audio clip play twice as well on my last flight. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

So, hopefully it will be fixed by the developer of GSX. 

Richard Åsberg