Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Pilot

It's Offical, Orbx for X-Plane 11

4 hours ago, irrics said:

Well - I for one would really welcome some of the OrbX airport work in the X-Plane world..

The more the better!

This sums up my opinion

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 hours ago, deanwings said:

tony you hit the nail on the head. I like to fly VFR with XP11 with the best photoscenery (preferably L17 and L18 for around airfields) with accurate objects and roads. i have technical skills but don't want to spend so much time fiddling with scenery. it upsets me to spend mega hours only to find square water lines, trees on beaches,  hovering buildings and dodgy roads.  i've fixed some issues but i don't want to spend any more time not flying.  so i wouldn't hesitate to pay mega bucks for complete Orbx-quality regions (of UK / Europe). 

+1

I have all of Europe and the US covered with orthos. But me too would not hesitate to pay for orthos with quality overlays and custom landmarks. We can only win...

• Upvote 1

Good point. Having high quality overlays from Orbx will be a great thing. While Ortho4XP is great, it only produces overlay as good as XP11 default. I'll definitely buy high quality overlays for my orthos to get custom landmark buildings, better quality autogen buildings and street maps etc. And, more accurate forest lay out, it makes a huge difference on ortho scenery.

High quality orthos scenery + overlay would be great, but I just don't see how Orbx or other developer handle the size of scenery which are easily in hundreds of GB. Maybe torrent is only way to go. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Yes it is. It's actually my home theater in the basement. I put all flight gears including computers everything on a dolly so I can move the setup in and out to use the projector screen either for fight or for movie. So far a great arrangement and the large screen (135" in my case) does an incredible job for enjoying the flying. My only wish now is to upgrade to a 4k projector and fortunately they're becoming more affordable recently.

Of course in the long run I'm waiting for 4k VR at 60fps max settings...

• Upvote 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

4 hours ago, FlyIce said:

Of course in the long run I'm waiting for 4k VR at 60fps max settings...

Me too. Excited about the native VR beta...I just wish we had a more next gen HMD already. Hopefully in 2018 I guess.