MarkW

Advice on Optimizing W10 for P3D?

Back in the day I followed NickN's advice to optimize Windows XP and Windows 7 but have no clue where to look for advice on Windows 10.  I have found a few people on YouTube etc. with advice for optimizing for gaming but have no clue if they actually know what they are talking about.  Anyone able to point me in the right direction?   Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 1/14/2018 at 8:24 PM, Noel said:

Wow, impressive response :blink:

My opinion is that people do not want to respond, because quite frankly, Win10-64 and the hardware we run it on, are much better optimized than they were even 10 years ago.  Now, that's not to say that Win10 cannot be tweaked.  If you want to run thru services.msc, there are plenty of things that could be disabled, if you wanted to do the research.  You could disable Win Defender real-time scanning, all for a tiny bit of I/O improvement, but, does it really affect your sim?  With an SSD?  With an M.2 NvME SSD?  It might, I haven't checked.  My load times are so fast anyway.

I think todays FS problems are more about configuration and conflicts, than they are about some OS background processes.

Don;t listen to me though.  i'm spoiled by this new rig.  I'm still used to a 386SX/20 and the days of 3 hour downloads and wireframe FS.

Ahh, it's finally getting more plug 'n play.  Great :o)