Sign in to follow this  
Acerazus

Being notified that the AIRAC cycle is out of date yet it's on the most up-to-date version

Hello everyone.

I have recently bought the PMDG 777 for P3D v4. Once installed, I double-checked that the nav data was up-to-date on my plane and sure enough it was. But what was odd about this was when I went to the "IDENT" section, I received the message saying: "NAV DATA OUT OF DATE" 

This was strange because I looked above the message and it said that I was using the most up to date cycle which is currently 1713 as I am typing this. 

I also checked the Navdata files in the 777 and that even says that it's on cycle 1713.

I find it irritating and I am wondering if there are any solutions to this minor problem? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Thank you!

Edward Berkley

5 minutes ago, Acerazus said:

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require us to sign our full name on all posts.

If the simulator date is not within the cycle dates then you will see the out of date message.

Dan Downs KCRP

14 minutes ago, downscc said:

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require us to sign our full name on all posts.

If the simulator date is not within the cycle dates then you will see the out of date message.

Thank you for your quick response. Apologies for not putting down my full name on my post. I'll do that now.

Edward Berkley

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

do u have fms data manager from navigraph?

It wouldn't make a difference. As Dan said, the simulator date has to be within the AIRAC effective period. AIRAC 1713 is good between December 7th to January 3rd, so if for instance, he sets the simulator date to December 6th, that's a day before the AIRAC became effective, he'll get that warning because it's out of that time period.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Edward, probably you use Navigraph´s manager. This program cannot update PMDG although it is listed for automatic installation. You need to download that file from their site and execute the .exe. Only then you get the actual airacs for PMDG. 

Happy Christmas!

Fritz

18 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Edward, probably you use Navigraph´s manager. This program cannot update PMDG although it is listed for automatic installation. You need to download that file from their site and execute the .exe. Only then you get the actual airacs for PMDG. 

Happy Christmas!

Fritz

What??? No?! Works fine..

21 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Happy Christmas!

Fritz

actually   the  navigraph   data  manager  does  indeed  update  pmdg   aircraft  and  any  other  fms  aircraft  that  you got  installed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's sensible that the FMC would warn me of an outdated AIRAC cycle as I have been doing flights so far with the default date and time. And yes, I do use Navigraph's FMS data manager to update my AIRAC cycles. Everything is fine now since I changed the date and time to the current time that the AIRAC is meant to be used.

Thank you guys for your responses and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Edward

• Upvote 1