Sign in to follow this  
sgerfen

Saitek yoke freezing during flight

hi again.

i bought this USB-hub: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323598975552?ul_noapp=true

I think i will wait till i get it and it should fix the whole problem because i got the same answer from another streamer yesterday.

So, i will just wait till i get it then be back with some new information and updates.

Can you please take a look at the link. I already bought it and is on way, just for 110% sure it is that i need. :)))

With power from the wall, it should be DONE now?

It appears to be a standard powered USB2 hub. I'd be very surprised if it fixes your problem which I think is being caused by settings in Windows 10.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi.

I can tell you guys that, I played GTA and used my PS3 controller to drive, then I got the idea let me try it out on P3D which I did before i bought my yoke etc, I plugged it in 2.0 USB-port and it worked normal without any problem in both GTA and P3D so I think the problem is 99% the power isn't enough and which I also bought an USB-hub. So I dont think it should be my USB-port Ray Proudfoot.?

6 hours ago, ibrahim280901 said:

Hi.

I can tell you guys that, I played GTA and used my PS3 controller to drive, then I got the idea let me try it out on P3D which I did before i bought my yoke etc, I plugged it in 2.0 USB-port and it worked normal without any problem in both GTA and P3D so I think the problem is 99% the power isn't enough and which I also bought an USB-hub. So I dont think it should be my USB-port Ray Proudfoot.?

The Saitek yoke doesn't need any extra power. A standard USB2 port is more than enough to power the yoke and its display.

I really think you need to take your computer and yoke to a computer repair shop. This is not a problem that can be fixed on a forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 2/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The Saitek yoke doesn't need any extra power. A standard USB2 port is more than enough to power the yoke and its display.

I really think you need to take your computer and yoke to a computer repair shop. This is not a problem that can be fixed on a forum.

If I buy a 3.0 which is backward compatible with 2.0 will it works fine? I think it will, am I wrong?

If you buy a 3.0 what? I suggested you take your computer and yoke to a repair shop. Have you done that?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you buy a 3.0 what? I suggested you take your computer and yoke to a repair shop. Have you done that?

I read a few posts and they i exactly the same issue as mine, he bought an USB hub and he didn't got the issue since. I wouldn't take my PC to a repair shop because i know it have nothing to do with my with just power. 

27 minutes ago, ibrahim280901 said:

I read a few posts and they i exactly the same issue as mine, he bought an USB hub and he didn't got the issue since. I wouldn't take my PC to a repair shop because i know it have nothing to do with my with just power. 

I have tried to help you as much as I can. Nearly 3 pages of discussion. I cannot advise you any more since I don’t have the problem. If you think a powered hub will fix the problem then buy it from Amazon and you can return it if it doesn’t solve the problem. I’m sorry, that’s all I can advise.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have tried to help you as much as I can. Nearly 3 pages of discussion. I cannot advise you any more since I don’t have the problem. If you think a powered hub will fix the problem then buy it from Amazon and you can return it if it doesn’t solve the problem. I’m sorry, that’s all I can advise.

It is fine, I will see the result when i finally get a hub and if I not forget it i will give info back. I really appreciate your help. 🙂

• Like 1

I fixed my problem with saitek yoke i had. I did a lot of things so i can't remember 100% how and in which sequence, but i think i have it 80-90% of how it works.

I read some post about go back to the old drivers, but I couldn't when I was clicking on properties on the saitek device only "update drivers" was available so what I did was deleted the saitek yoke from my PC and rebooted my PC then I could see I could go back to the old drivers suddenly and I did that then I was needed to reboot it again and after the second reboot I tried it out again and it works well right now. I got it fixed for 2 days ago, the same day and yesterday it was working fine without any issue with all my saitek devices plugged into my saitek (rudder/pedals and throttle). I dont hope I get the same problem again or another similar of course. :))

Sorry for bad english...

It's a pity you can't remember exactly how you fixed it but well done for persevering. Hope it stays fixed. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's a pity you can't remember exactly how you fixed it but well done for persevering. Hope it stays fixed. :smile:

I mean it is like I wrote. That is because I did a lot of things before I got the last result of fix so what I remember, and is 99% sure that is as I wrote so it is how I fixed it. :)))

It was the last step I did.