Sign in to follow this  
Freo

Cannot enter Avsim

Sorry if this subject should be somewhere else, but I couldn't find any other discussion topic that seemed apt. For the last few days, all of a sudden, when I try to enter Avsim via Chrome, which I always have done, all I get is a white page with the Avsim heading, and then a long list in blue, of all the topics, heading down the page. If I click on a subject, nothing happens.

I have managed to reach the normal forum, using Internet Explorer, but I don't understand what has happened to the way I normally enter. I am using W7 64b Home premium. I might add that this problem only happens with Avsim, and not any other forum to which I subscribe.  

I would be grateful if someone could give me an answer to this annoying phenomena.

Cheers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is the proper place to report this.  Possibility the tech was working on the system overnight.  Hopefully someone else can report the same issue and we will know it is not the fault of your ISP or your browser cache or your browser.  I do know this happened a couple of days ago and the site almost crashed and burned.  Performance levels went down where it was impossible to post or open up a topic.  I reported it to the tech and, initially, he did not see the problem but then agreed there was a problem and it was getting worse.  We do not know what caused the issue.  We think there might have been an update to the system that did not work properly.  Personally I think it was malware or someone tried to hack into our system.  In any case, it was fixed within a few hours. 

The system seems to be working normally for me.  Performance levels are very high and there are no issues opening topics and posting.  Apologize for any inconvenience you might have had.

I have had the same issue the past few days. It strangely only on one of my computers.  Also with Chrome. 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply, I've left it for a day or so, but trying to log on just now, I still have the same result, IE, no access via Chrome, Very strange, however, I will just have to use Internet Explorer from now on.

Cheers,

Neil