Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

RealAir Turbine Duke control problems

31 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

As scenarios are further and further removed from the default scenario, the probability of corruption increases.

I've always wondered if the P3d UI setting  for "panel serialization" is what is causing this problem.

I've done the same thing, saving my last flight...an extra piece of realism.  What is the panel serialization?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There's a checkbox that causes the sim to save a file with a PNL extension that supposedly saves the state of the panel and all gauges. But one has to load that PNL file to gain access to the saved settings. But it also seems that when one saves a scenario, a similar thing happens and this can be seen by opening the fxml file and noting what variables are saved with the scenario. One or more of those saved variables is possibly affecting the TD Duke. This is why I save my flight plans in Little NavMap as PLN format (not to be confused with the previously mentioned PNL format for the panel serialization) and use those files to start my flight. The PLN file contains no aircraft specific information in it, but rather just waypoints and airports.

Jay I am on P3D v3 not v4.

My Spec's:

P3D v3 run in VC view, Windowed mode | PC: i7 3770@4.1 Ghz | NVidia GTX970 4Gb | 8 Gb RAM | Win10 | Prepar3D 3.4.22 | 2048 resolution
2x28'screens at 1920x1080 | Orbx FTX Global Base & Vector, openLC EUR&NAM | AS16+ASCA weather | Chaseplane Camera | vPilot for VATSIM with Mytraffic6 AI

For default flight I use the default Piper Cub, engine running, positioned at a remote no add on scenery airport. Then from Scenario screen I choose aircraft and start up aircraft location. I do not have panel serialization enabled.

Gregg I have my P3D controllers disabled. I have all axis controlled by FSUIPC and they are sent for calibration direct to FSUIPC.

I am continuing the test flights. I did one without running AS16+ASCA for weather at all. My next test will be with MilViz weather radar uninstalled (I don't use it in the Duke but it has a DLL that loads via dll.xml on P3D boot). So these are "just in case" kind of tests.

My other test will be without using GTN750 for NAV mode but default GPS and one more with conventional VOR to VOR navigation in NAV mode.

I use Chaseplane for camera views presets and I have the Duke view clickspots disabled since I don't need them but I am sure that such views camera issues are not can not be related to the problem.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

1 hour ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

I have my P3D controllers disabled. I have all axis controlled by FSUIPC and they are sent for calibration direct to FSUIPC.

Okay, like mine then.

Have you tried to have FSUIPC send the axis directly to P3D without calibration?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

Jay I am on P3D v3 not v4.

I don't think it matters. This problem has supposedly been extent with the Duke and P3d for a while. I only noticed it recently with P3d 4.1. Have you tried my suggestion?

In any case, this is what happens when a legacy aircraft is no longer officially supported by the developer. The users are basically flying blind, so to speak.

Probably nothing to do with your problem, but did you try to put your controls on another USB port of your machine?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

On 1/10/2018 at 5:14 AM, Kyprianos Biris said:

I am continuing the test flights. I did one without running AS16+ASCA for weather at all. My next test will be with MilViz weather radar uninstalled (I don't use it in the Duke but it has a DLL that loads via dll.xml on P3D boot). So these are "just in case" kind of tests.

My other test will be without using GTN750 for NAV mode but default GPS and one more with conventional VOR to VOR navigation in NAV mode.

Dredging this topic up again.  Was a resolution ever found?  I am using FSX and the RA Turbine Duke v2.  I have logged over 300 hours with the TDv2 without issue but now I am experiencing a problem closely fitting the issue discussed in this topic.  It has happened only in my last 3 or 4 flights.  I am experiencing a sharp roll to the right after what appears to be an equal amount of time into the flights, however I have not timed it.  I am using the TDv2 with a dual RXP GTN750 panel.  I am unable to gain back control of the aircraft.  My only successful remedy has been to quickly switch aircraft from one TDv2 (livery) to another.  Does not appear matter which I start with.  This is not happening with any other aircraft I fly.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This is a common problem with complex aircraft. Start with the default P3d scenario, then load the Duke. Check to make sure that all your switchs, trim wheels, flap lever and other panel settings are set correctly.

P3d saves a lot of panel settings in its scenario files and some of these settings can corrupt the initial conditions for variables used by complex aircraft. The aircraft will appear to fly normally for a while until it loses control.

Another thing you should check is your control panel USB power settings as Windows often defaults to a setting that allows it to turn off USB devices to conserve power.

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Start with the default P3d scenario, then load the Duke. Check to make sure that all your switchs, trim wheels, flap lever and other panel settings are set correctly.

Thank you for that help.  I had already checked those avenues. I am well versed with the USB and Windows Advanced Power Management issues.
Thought I was clear. Though this is a P3D topic I am using FSX.  Expect on this there is likely little to no difference.  I have freshly set my default flight in FSX to a simple default aircraft, but have not flown yet since then.  I will also check and reload my FSUIPC profile.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

15 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Expect on this there is likely little to no difference.

The scenario files are a different format, but the concept is the same. Start with the default flight and change the aircraft to the Duke.