Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackralston

FS9 no AA in fullscreen

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

This is a rather strange one for me, never had such an issue before! 

So since sorting out my previous issue with it freezing on the splash screen, I have now got stuck on trying to make AA work in fullscreen mode. In fullscreen, there is no AA and everything is very blurry/jaggy. BUT, switch to windowed mode and it works perfectly as per my nvidia inspector settings 8xSQ 16x etc. 

I use nvidia inspector 1.9.7.3, Driver version GeForce 353.62 WHQL. I have tried more recent driver versions and it still had the same issue. I have removed FS9.exe from the stock 'MS Flight Simulator 2004' profile setting and made a new one called 'FS9' and applied it to FS9.exe.

Any ideas what could be blocking it from working in fullscreen?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just went from Win7 to Win10 (Fall Creators Update) and installed FS9 from scratch again. I also had no AA in full screen mode, but enabling AA inside FS9 and setting

Inspector to enhance the application settings works. I set 4x Multisampling and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling and it looks fine to me.

I also set the anisotropic filtering the same old way, User Defined 16x.

57 minutes ago, rogwen said:

Someone tell me what AA is? Something to do with drinking booze?

Yes, it's Anti-Aliasing (which gets rid of the jaggies), the lack of which can drive anyone to the bottle eventually...

Ah. I know what anti-aliasing does I but had never come across the abbreviation. I don't have it turned on. I have everything at the maximum setting except water effects and found mip mapping to be far more effective.