ram123

Diy game controller

17 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

 

the important note is: "A Teensy(or arduino that supports HID)"

As long as the device is recognized by FSUIPC, it will work with LINDA also. FSUIPC recognizes all HID devices.

 

Another tip:

I started several years ago very similar with a small switch panel. I can recommend you, to start a little bigger, you will soon be in the need to have more knobs :biggrin:

Maybe you will consider this USB platine:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=205&zenid=c55741e438b21f3f797b05e2856e1675

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Romania

Guenseli has given the answer I was about to. Provided the device can be seen by FSUIPC4 as a HID device then LINDA will work with it. Remember that FSUIPC will handle the potentiometers (axes) and LINDA the buttons and switches. 

There already exists a module for the old Aerosoft Airbus extended here and the new Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings,

Saw the link by gunseli . It indeed gave me an idea to widen my project. Dear gunseli,Could you share your experiences, pictures and idea on how to manage to build the control panels.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Scotfieger I will keep that point in mind about the fsupic and Linda axes and button detail

Many thank, for the PCB idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

Have a look at Almost Aviation on  You Tube,  they show how to make panels and set them up via Lina and FSUIPC  all done with good sense of dry humour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, raman93 said:

Dear gunseli,Could you share your experiences, pictures and idea on how to manage to build the control panels.

 

have a look:

 

WfJpcfk.jpg

 

this is driven by a BBI-32 and a Bodnar BU0836X (I had the BU0836X first, several years before - the BBI-32 wasn't released there. Today I would just use two BBI-32)

 

The metal plate where the switches are in was made by a friend which was able to laser cut the wholes. But in principle it is doable manually also, just more work. The labels are simply printed with my home printer. The switches are nothing special, in germany we have "Conrad" which sells countless electronic articles.

 

The layout is something you should well consider before (however you will make several attempts till they fit your needs over the years. My target was to cover as many aircraft types as possible: single props, warbirds up to 4 engine jets or 4 engine props.

Beside this I have a Saitek Switch Panel and a MCP Combo II, Joystick (Warthog Hotas) and Throttle Quadrant. (and Rudder of course)

 

Happy building!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings guenseli,

Thank you for your suggestions. I am at present in the designing and planning stage of the project . I will assismilate all the information obtained . Later on, as I proceed to the further  stages I will have more doubts , then maybe disturb you again ?!! 😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, guenseli said:

 

have a look:

 

WfJpcfk.jpg

 

this is driven by a BBI-32 and a Bodnar BU0836X (I had the BU0836X first, several years before - the BBI-32 wasn't released there. Today I would just use two BBI-32)

 

The metal plate where the switches are in was made by a friend which was able to laser cut the wholes. But in principle it is doable manually also, just more work. The labels are simply printed with my home printer. The switches are nothing special, in germany we have "Conrad" which sells countless electronic articles.

 

The layout is something you should well consider before (however you will make several attempts till they fit your needs over the years. My target was to cover as many aircraft types as possible: single props, warbirds up to 4 engine jets or 4 engine props.

Beside this I have a Saitek Switch Panel and a MCP Combo II, Joystick (Warthog Hotas) and Throttle Quadrant. (and Rudder of course)

 

Happy building!

 

On 14/1/2018 at 9:03 AM, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Romania

Guenseli has given the answer I was about to. Provided the device can be seen by FSUIPC4 as a HID device then LINDA will work with it. Remember that FSUIPC will handle the potentiometers (axes) and LINDA the buttons and switches. 

There already exists a module for the old Aerosoft Airbus extended here and the new Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 here

Greetings,

Thank you for your suggestions. I am at present in the designing and planning stage of the project . I will assismilate all the information obtained . Later on, as I proceed to the further  stages I will have more doubts , then maybe disturb you again ?!! 😀😀

Is it possible for you to look into another thread of mine and provide comment in the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raman93 said:

then maybe disturb you again ?!!

 

 

of course. You could also PM me in case I will miss the one or another thread here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Can you assist here.

For my home cockpit , I am planning to use potentiometer for setting the ALTITUDE , SPEED , HEADING VALUES . But the problem is the Linda module for the airbus extended contains the respective commands for button assignment only . But, as a potentiometer will be an axis assignment , I want to assign the setting for potentiometer. In fsupic axis assignment page , although there are various option available for changing the ALTITUDE and other values,they work only in normal fsx planes and they  don't work in airbus extended. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of programming to create my own files. Can you please provide a solution to the problem which will enable me to assign the altitude speed heading of the airbus extended to the potentiometer using axis assignment page of fsupic , or if you have more better option please do advise.

I also thought of Arduino , but it needs coding which i have no knowledge about.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Good day,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potentiometers are not the answer in my opinion. LINDA is designed for the VRi panels which generate an increase (clockwise) or decrease (anti-clockwise) button push for knobs. Only FSUIPC will handle a potentiometer output but this normally translates to axes (pitch, roll, etc). You need a circuit which creates a button push for rotation. These are sometimes referred to as encoders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Potentiometers are not the answer in my opinion. LINDA is designed for the VRi panels which generate an increase (clockwise) or decrease (anti-clockwise) button push for knobs. Only FSUIPC will handle a potentiometer output but this normally translates to axes (pitch, roll, etc). You need a circuit which creates a button push for rotation. These are sometimes referred to as encoders.

greetings ,

 

you are exactly right. It came to my mind just few minutes ago and i was about to update the post with this info. Like minds....

But the issue still remains (edited below)

For my home cockpit , I am planning to use rotary encoder for setting the ALTITUDE , SPEED , HEADING VALUES . But the problem is the Linda module for the airbus extended contains the respective commands for button assignment only . But, as a rotary encoder will be an axis assignment , I want to assign the setting for rotary encoder. In fsupic axis assignment page , although there are various option available for changing the ALTITUDE and other values,they work only in normal fsx planes (fsx standard aircraft)  and they  don't work in airbus extended. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of programming to create my own files. Can you please provide a solution to the problem which will enable me to assign the altitude speed heading of the airbus extended to the rotary encoder using axis assignment page of fsupic , or if you have more better option please do advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the Aerosoft Airbus Extended has been withdrawn, the module will not be updated in any event. The newer Aerosoft Airbus A3xx are recommended and the module will be updated when Aerosoft release the P3Dv4.1 ‘professional ‘ version (sometime). 

We can advise on but not support user hardware. There a number of websites and one Facebook page for home cockpit builders. Learning LAU programming is not difficult. The existing LINDA code can be used to learn from and may be copied and modified. There are also LAU resources online which a simple search will find. However, we cannot teach people this knowledge and skills. The best advise is to start simple and learn from your mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without digging in the code I believe it is 64 Buttons per device. That is more than most decoders or USB cards currently output. There is no limit on devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now