Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Simpson

MS sidewinder percussion 2 driver

Windows has somehow managed to lose the driver for my sidewinder. I can't seem to locate the driver anywhere. If there a solution to this or could someone send me the relevant files.

It happened before and Windows seemed to sort it but I'm scheduled to do a flight later and can't at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know what a percussion 2 is, but a sidewinder is a joystick I think. You should be able to just reboot your machine and W10 will recognize your joystick and install the correct driver.

As far as I know the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 doesn't need drivers or else it just uses a generic joystick driver already in windows. Try plugging it into a different USB port and restarting your system

Sounds like the well known Earthing issue. I had a Precision Pro 2 for many years and it would regularly drop out because of a bad Earth, the fix is to unplug it and touch the metal baseplate on something Earthed, for example the copper pipe in to a radiator or the bare metal bleed valve at the top of the radiator.