Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Carenado C337 Lighting with P3D v4.1 - No Illumination

I am at a loss to figure this out and so far is Carenado.
I am posting here just in case anyone may have any thoughts and/or suggestions.

The Carenado C337 Skymaster is my favorite aircraft, I have always flown during daylight hours but lately I have been doing some dusk and night flying.

I notice that the cabin lights are non existent and it is impossible to find the various switches on the panel. I also notice that the taxi and landing lights do not illuminate the ground.

I have tried several different airports and the problem is the same. 
But all other aircraft do not have this problem nor does this problem occur with the same C337 aircraft in FSX-SE.

I uninstalled and re-installed this aircraft but that did not make a difference.
I have made many different adjustments to the P3D settings but nothing changes.
I uninstalled my TOGA-EnvShader but that did not make a difference.

I will attached a few images - I don't seem to be able to embed the images in as Google Photos does not provide a BBCode link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Reki03RFsUl373p1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BxjYRUEc7R3nGQUG2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aFvKSMjOfjiRRzN03

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0BAiHry6RREAkNJ42

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Carenado just responded to me after all their tests, to say that all is working at their end and they do not have any other tickets regarding this issue, so I should consider uninstalling and reinstalling P3D.

Dread of dreads I really do not want to do that but if I have to I guess I will or simply classify my C337H Skymaster as - "NOT NIGHT FLIGHT WORTHY".

I am only three weeks into my new P3D Sim and all addons are installed, other than the lighting issue on ONLY the C337H everything else works great and I am getting good performance out of my settings - what a drag!

So if I have to reinstall - being new to P3D v4.1 I have read the instructions on doing this but I have also read about doing a REPAIR - I am not sure what that does or if it will remove my addons - can someone expand on this REPAIR feature for me please and thank you.

Regards, Dane

I would be very careful about Carenado's advice in this particular case... if this does not help, are they going to suggest reinstalling Windows? :huh:

Maybe, just maybe there are other ways of dealing with this..

Send me a PM with your email address... I have some night light mods that may help.

• Upvote 1

Bert

I am on P3DV4.0. and the C337 lighting appears to be OK..

P3DV4.1. has tightened up some programming SDK rules over previous releases, and I know for a fact that Carenado has been caught in this with other aircraft (not lighting, but general variable conflicts..)  so lets see if other users show up that have the C337 working correctly in V4.1.  :cool:

Bert

38 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would be very careful about Carenado's advice in this particular case... if this does not help, are they going to suggest reinstalling Windows? :huh:

Maybe, just maybe there are other ways of dealing with this..

Send me a PM with your email address... I have some night light mods that may help.

Thank you, just did.

Regards, Dane

21 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

P3DV4.1. has tightened up some programming SDK rules over previous releases, and I know for a fact that Carenado has been caught in this with other aircraft (not lighting, but general variable conflicts..)  so lets see if other users show up that have the C337 working correctly in V4.1.  :cool:

Interesting.

I am only three weeks into P3D directly from FSX-SE

Regards, Dane

Regards, Dane

I am running P3D v4.1 and the C337 is one of my most used aircraft. The lights are working both in the VC and external views.

2222.jpg

ddd.jpg

Good grief. Before installing again why not benchmark some other aircraft models on the issue?  If it's one model that's one thing. If it is several models affected then that's another story.  Just use a method and see where it leads....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have P3DV4.1 and the Carenado C337H. While I do not have pictures to post, I did just check the lights at night and they all work as shown in the screenshots above.

I did not know where the switches where, so I simply pressed the L key and they all turned on...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

I am running P3D v4.1 and the C337 is one of my most used aircraft. The lights are working both in the VC and external views.

Do you have Dynamic Lighting on or off in P3D?

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Good grief. Before installing again why not benchmark some other aircraft models on the issue?  If it's one model that's one thing. If it is several models affected then that's another story.  Just use a method and see where it leads....

ALL other aircraft are perfect.

Thanks for your reply,

Dane.

Regards, Dane

2 hours ago, Henry Street said:

2222.jpg

ddd.jpg

It is also my most favorite aircraft that is why I sure would like a resolution to this problem otherwise I cannot use it at night. Glad yours is fine and it seems others so far are fine.

Thanks for your reply,

Dane.

Regards, Dane

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do you have Dynamic Lighting on or off in P3D?

Bert, 

These shots are with Dynamic Lighting off. I fired up the simulator, turned it on, and set the same scenario. Basically all the lights showed up both in and out of the VC. 

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert - you are totally brilliant - THANK YOU.

I don't know enough to know what that file you sent me did but it worked.

I can now certify my C337H for night flight :biggrin:

Being new to P3D from FSX-SE I have a lot to learn - what is the reason why you suggest turning off Dynamic Lighting?

You were very helpful to me in my FSX-SE postings and now you have done it again.

Regards, Dane

14 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

I can now certify my C337H for night flight :biggrin:

Hooray!  Mop brow one more time, then enjoy!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere