Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Oregon Backcountry III: Hell's Canyon & the Wallowas

The last of the three Oregon Backcountry plans.

We start at Baker City (KBKE) where we finished last week and fly eastwards towards Hell's Canyon, stopping at Pine Valley (OR70) on the way. Drop into the canyon at the dam (marked by a waypoint) and fly north following the Snake River.  We'll stop at Oxbow (OR12) in the canyon, then continue following the canyon to the next dam (marked by a waypoint).  Climb out of the canyon and head for the mountain airstrip at Memaloose (25U). Next fly into the heart of the Wallowa range before turning north to land at Joseph State (4S3). We'll then visit a couple of farm strips, Peacock Ranch (05OR) and Tamarack Springs Ranch (83OR), followed by a trip into the mountains again to visit Minam Lodge(7OR0).  We go briefly back to civilisation and La Grande (KLGD), then into the hills again for Vey Sheep Ranch (37OR) and our final destination, Cable Creek Ranch (96OR).

Flight Plans

PLN

GTN

Aircraft

As the last two weeks, there are some small and sloping strips on this plan and winter conditions so you would benefit from taking something suitable. Skis or tundra wheels are advised.   C185, Beaver, Kodiak or similar would all be good.

Scenery

The plan is based on Orbx Central Rocky Mountains region, which will greatly enhance the experience.

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday 20th January 2018, 1900 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Great flying challenge.  And if you have never driven this area in an automobile in real life you have truly missed a bucket list item.  Three dams, Brownlee, Oxbow, and Hells Canyon; two reservoirs; and deeper than the Grand Canyon!  And much greener!

103732805.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere