Sign in to follow this  
Hageneezz

FSX default ATC and Airac cycles

Hi all,

I would like to update my Carenado aircraft to a newer airac cycle, but i would also like to use the default ATC. i know the new airac cycle won't update the default FSX navigation database. So would the default ATC then become unusable? Is there a way to make them both work together?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

there's a few options:

1. http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html   will update the navaids, ils approaches, ndb's, vor stations, etc.. and it's free!

2. https://www.fsaerodata.com/  is more comprehensive, but requires navigraph sub. a lot of the things it adds like updated STARS and such are probably irrelevant because the default ATC doesn't pay attention to any of that stuff either! as far as i know it just vectors you to the approach and ignores those procedures.

i would guess that the first option will probably suit your needs pretty well

cheers!

-andy crosby

Default ATC doesn't care about flight plan waypoints. It'll send you on the route specified in your flight plan, regardless of waypoints or not and then vector you in, unless you pick a different approach from the FSX nav database. Flying STARs is possible if you cancel IFR and request flight following, then manually contact approach/tower.

Hervé Sors' updates, however, will not update those approaches and rather delete them entirely if the airport ILS updates are installed.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days