Sign in to follow this  
JeffreyJ

Sound loss by touching pc case

Hi everyone,

Since a shortwhile I expierence that my sound is lost from P3D v4 when I touch the pc case and wich eventually result in a crash (ntdll.dll).
I tested it with other programs (like iTunes) but there is everything working fine. It's just with P3D.
I tried both of my audio plugins.

Can you help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Jeffrey Jacobs

That's a weird one, my gut tells me that is a hardware issue as software would not be able to detect you physically touched the PC. Sounds like a bad ground, maybe try another power outlet or ensure your sound card is in properly. 

Simple solution is to not to touch your PC. =)

Yeah I try to not to touch my pc, but even when I walk trough the room the sounds stops, because of the vibration.

It's really weird that this problem is just with P3D and not with other programs....

Any chance you have overclocked you PC beyond the CPU's limits?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Okay, have you checked the core temperatures lately?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Is it when P3D starts, or an aircraft engine fires up? Thinking the engine vibrations might be setting something off. 

It’s during the whole flight. 

Yes i’ve checked the core temps, but those are fine. 

I think I solved the problem....

I connected the motherboard over again, and wired it different then before. I just did a small test flight and the sound was stable while touching the pc case.

But thanks anyway! 

Bit of a shocker there Jeffrey, are you wearing socks on a nylon carpet by any chance, or your sim chair wheels building up a charge then discharging a static charge to your PC case.

No nylon carpet here, and just a normal chair. But I think it's working again!

Lets see...  a issue no one has ever heard of was reported say 40 minutes ago, but was fixed by completely rewiring (how can you rewire?) the motherboard and even if we assume it was a ground problem and the board was removed and reinstalled...  it was done in record time even for the best of the best while still posting here at the same time.

I would say....

I might be wrong...  I cant decide 

Happy V.D!   (Valentine Day, get your heads out of the gutter!)

Randle McMurphy, the one and only

...and have a nice day!

OK,... I'll stick to the rules, this time..   Just hav'in fun fella's 

Jen has my number, don't mind me.