birdguy

Dead in the water...

Flight simulators have a way of bullying me.  If it ain't one thing it's another.  This afternoon right out of the blue they got me again with something I never saw before.

I  tried to start FSX_se and got this message:

Migration Tool has disabledFlight Simulator X to prevent corruption of configuration files.  Disable redirection in the tool to run the simulator.

I went to FSX/Orbx/troubleshooter and ran the migration troubleshooter program and it says everything is fine.

I then forced a migration but it didn't fix anything.

It's not easy being dumb as a load of bricks when it comes to flight simulators.

Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Noel - I've never seen that either. But, you might want to try downloading the latest version of FTX Central and trying it again. Just a shot in the dark.........Doug

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Migration Tool has disabledFlight Simulator X to prevent corruption of configuration files.  Disable redirection in the tool to run the simulator.

I went to FSX/Orbx/troubleshooter and ran the migration troubleshooter program and it says everything is fine.

I then forced a migration but it didn't fix anything.

It's not easy being dumb as a load of bricks when it comes to flight simulators.

Noel

This doesn't sound like the ORBX migration but the Estonian mIgration tool (anyone recalling?) for migrating FSX addons to Prepar3d. You might have installed it once and forgotten about it or such, and it's just in the wrong mode.

At least that's a possibility.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael.  That was it.  I should have realized since I had recently used it.

Noel

• Upvote 1