Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

My mind is boggled.

Been downloading and attempting to install the yOrtho4XP_Overlays_Grand_Canyon_HD/_Arizona/Washington files.  Seems to have downloaded and, in the case of the HD, switched from .jpg to .dds okay.  I've installed them in 'custom scenery' and am wondering if they shouldn't be in 'global scenery' - if so, would that also apply to 'alpilotx's HD v4 and UHD v1?

No!

The yOrtho directory must be in the “custom scenery”. In the ini file just above the  zOrtho entries. The HD mesh must be  completely at the end of this scenery.ini. There are several guides like on Alpilots and on Simheaven’s websites. 

You should never touch “Global Scenery”.

To help out with the sometimes confusing task of correct scenery order in the ini, you can try Xorganizer: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/31085-xorganizer-windows/&tab=comments

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Mistake

Wlhat I meant to say was 'trying to install the overlay textures was a mistake' - way above my expertise level but I did install "xorganizer" which tells me I have several 'scenery.ini' greeblies.  Does this software have a separate forum?

27 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Wlhat I meant to say was 'trying to install the overlay textures was a mistake' - way above my expertise level but I did install "xorganizer" which tells me I have several 'scenery.ini' greeblies.  Does this software have a separate forum?

Xorganizer has no dedicated site that I'm aware of.

However: In Xorganizer under custom scenery: order & enable/disable, you will see the option of Autosave ON

Xorganizer will automatically correct most common scenery order issues and correct your ini on exiting the program, after activating that setting.

You can see the corrections before they are implemented by hitting: Show Preview of Scenerypacks.ini

Under needs attention you will see things which Xorganizer is unsure about the placement of, but Tonywobs guide to X-plane scenery order is usually helpful there, and you can also experiment in choosing placement within Xorganizer until things come out right.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

'Xorganizer' has rearranged my 'scenery.ini' and it's much different from my original which it saved as a .bak folder.  My only argument with it would be place the 'UHD v1' scenery ABOVE 'HD v4' as alpilotx recommends but I can hopefully remember to check that before  launch.  Almost forgot - 'Steam' will not allow  game start from 'xorganizer'.

Ahhhhh....!

I forgot there even was a Steam version :smile:

You can always correct the ini manually in Xorganizer as well, so that the mesh is where you want it.

Devons rig