Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Flashing flickering clouds

I've noticed this issue at some major airports while using ASP4. A little research yielded that it could be some AI models. If this is true, I'd like a solid AI addon that works in p3d v4.

I wish for nice models, good performance, that are control by the native atc. Currently researching UT Live.

If it's not AI models, I'm hoping for a solution. It's not a big deal, but it's one of those things that I notice when landing at some big airports.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I removed the WOAI models and traffic files and I don't see the flashing clouds. I will continue to monitor and see if that was the issue.

I'm also waiting to see what JustFlight brings with its new traffic addon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I had it too in ZADAR with Davor Puljevic´s addon for P3D3, which has old FS9 standard AI aircraft. The new installer for P3D4 has no AI aircraft and the problem is gone. For me, it is definitely caused by old AI .mdl files. Hope that helps others to fix the flickering. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Correct, shimmering clouds are caused by AI models not compatible with P3Dv4.... At alpha-india.net you can find a lot of converted AI models which you can use.