Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

VRS Tacpack

Seems this is not P3D4.2 compatible....?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

They will need to release an update for every new p3d version 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'll put it back in the box for another 6 months then... *sigh*

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I feel your pain!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

VRS said "a couple of days" at the most unless LM made a major change to P3d between the two versions.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VRS said "a couple of days" at the most unless LM made a major change to P3d between the two versions.

where was that from please Jay? the last apparent post on their forum seemed to be about 4.1 compatibility? :s

xaP1VAU.png

Lockheed Martin announced the release of P3D version 4.2 today. Just a reminder that if you upgrade to this version before VRS releases new versions that support P3D v4.2 you will break your Superbug/TacPack. Historically that only takes a few days but it will depend on what has changed in the new version. Be patient. The new VRS versions will be released as soon as they are ready.

Mike

Mike is the Moderator and that thread is locked. 

Anyway, IMO usually these minor P3d releases take about a week for VRS to release an update. Going from P3d3 to P3d4 was obviously a much bigger hurdle, but my experience with VRS is that they are extremely careful and that the number of bugs is generally minimal to non-existent. Hence they don't just jump at an update and then see how many users yell.

This is one reason I stay away from vrs now and, btw, it will never be a combat sim.

Bring on the ED Hornet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

it took pmdg 2 days to fix the 744 after p3dv42 was released (thanks pmdg!).  they get beta builds from lm along the way.

vrs doesn't get beta from lm.  it will usually take them just several days to check things out and release the update with new p3d version.  

so i don't get the consternation about developers taking time to get things sorted out.  

btw, it's a great combat sim with the globe as its sandbox.  when vrs releases the f/a-18f, it will be great.    

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, kdfw__ said:

btw, it's a great combat sim

No, my brother, it is not.

You need a proper frame of reference and that would be Falcon BMS, with its well developed enemy AI, dynamic campaigns, and fully modelled IADS...and if you don't know this last term than you have no valid frame of reference yet.

I own the vrs tacpack and Rhino and have been a beta tester for fsx@war, it will never be a combat sim becuase there's no enemy AI. That's nobody's fault;  you simply cannot force anon combat sim to become one.

Now, the DCS hardcore Hornet, can't wait.

spacer.png

ok iceman.  you win.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

After VRS I must to wait for Milviz update (coughing...:cool:) before jumping in 4.2...

@Boomer You'r right about BMS....and before I flew Falcon3, Falcon4 with the "real" book (not Pdf ;-)), Fa18, Mig Alley, Flanker and so...:smile:

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 2/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, kevinfirth said:

Both Tacpack and The Bug were updated to work with P3d 4.2 as of Sunday 2/18/2018.

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Both Tacpack and The Bug were updated to work with P3d 4.2 as of Sunday 2/18/2018.

excellent thanks :) I had a hunch that excess cynicsm would prove me wrong :)

xaP1VAU.png