Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Dynamic weather v1 - Rain? dark clouds?

Has anyone seen any rainy/stormy conditions with dark clouds in Dynamic weather v1?  All of my flights seem to have somewhere between broken and clear sky and Ive only seen two levels of clouds one time.  The clouds look good but I miss the rain and darker clouds.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yes I have. Two days ago I did a short flight from Plockton to Benbecula in Scotland with DW1, and got low cloud, high winds and snow at both ends with a bit of broken cloud in the middle.

I try to avoid cold and snow.  I keep hoping to find a thunderstorm or good solid rainy conditions but so far no luck.  Ill keep flying I guess.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Try tornado alley and set the season to late spring, you should find a thunderstorm somewhere there - happy hunting!

I had 2 flights with really dark clouds in the UK. But where I fly the most of the time (Brazil) it's mostly clear or foggy weather.

It really add some immersion, when you are creating the flight you have no idea waht you will face. Can't wait for the real-time weather.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

14 hours ago, ca_metal said:

..... It really add some immersion, when you are creating the flight you have no idea waht you will face.......

It might add immersion but a responsible pilot (real world) would get a met report before setting off, hence my request in another thread for info on how to do that.  At the moment it seems that there's a functionality gap that DTG need to fill.

19 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

It might add immersion but a responsible pilot (real world) would get a met report before setting off, hence my request in another thread for info on how to do that.  At the moment it seems that there's a functionality gap that DTG need to fill.

That's why I'm looking forward to the real-time weather.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 hours ago, AndyUK said:

At the moment it seems that there's a functionality gap that DTG need to fill.

As DTG have already stated, dynamic weather is just the first stage of implementing live weather.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

3 hours ago, vortex681 said:

As DTG have already stated, dynamic weather is just the first stage of implementing live weather.

I know.  My remark was addressing the fact that you can't get a weather report for the dynamic weather if you're unable to get one via ATIS.

The closest thing you can get to a METAR is tuning in the ATIS or ASOS of the nearest airport on the radio. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440