Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

CTD when selecting SID

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

By the way, just some background... I don't believe 04R is a normal departure runway at Boston. In fact, I'm as sure of this as I can be without checking the charts.

Not that you can't use it... just providing some background info.

Copy that, Dave, and was using that runway according to this VATSIM-based guidance: http://www.bvartcc.com/Pilots/BostonSuggestedRunways.aspx

Glad you're on the track of that bug...great aircraft!

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

17 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Copy that, Dave, and was using that runway according to this VATSIM-based guidance: http://www.bvartcc.com/Pilots/BostonSuggestedRunways.aspx

Glad you're on the track of that bug...great aircraft!

Thank you very much, and thanks for your support!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

It's true, and Boston Virtual coming on board with VATSIM was a great move!

Operationally I've found that when the winds were out of the Northeast, they'll use 09 for departures and 04R for jet landings and 04L for the turboprops.  Surely 04R can be used for departures though, especially those really big boys, though I think 09 is 7000ft so fairly good for even departly large aircraft.

Thanks for the link, I've not seen that!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have just had a CTD twice when selecting a departure runway.

The route I have is from SPEP to SPUR and is as follows:- DCT PUL UV4 TAP DCT URA

As soon as I select Departure rwy in the FMC, the sim crashes.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled and tried again and the sim crashes every time as soon as I click on DEP on FMC.

This is getting very frustrating now, bad frame rates and now CTD's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Edited by drayton_k
Addition

Probably of your interest.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

To me it looks like several bugs happen because people do things in the «wrong» order. They are still bugs, but I would never experience them because I never load a departure starting with the SID. Starting with the RWY is easier as most modern FMCs then remove all SIDs not connected with that RWY.

Same as I will never get a problem intercepting a localizer because I will never neglect to set the correct frequency and course. Often I see Youtube videos with both course selectors set to 000.

I had a discussion some time ago with a guy who had problems with a 737 classic add on. I told him to set up the MCP like in RL and he replied he did not fly it like in RL. So how he expected it to fly like it should is beyond me. The MD (and some other add ons) is so advanced you really need to do things the right way and in the correct order.

But a bug is still a bug even if I will not be affected by it. 🤓

• Upvote 1