Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Anyone using 4790k and a 144hz monitor?

I need help with greeting rid of stutters.  If anyone has some settings to share I would love to hear them.  I have tried reducing settings, affinity masks, process lasso, rebuilt cfg, oc'ing to 4.5ghz, nvi settings with frame rate limiter on and off at 30fps and half refresh rate.  No matter how high my frames get or how low they get sim has the annoying stutters and blurry when panning around in and out of vc.  Using Windows 7 bit P3D v4.1 Chaseplane for views.  Also have Gtx 1080 card.  Running at 1080p.

Kevin Humphryes

Am on a 120hz and same cpu as you. Yes I think I can help but can’t put it all down now will get back to you later.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have everything you have except i run a 1070.  Rarely see stutters unless its like LAX.  I don't use any AM settings, nor project lasso.   All i have set in NVI is the Performance setting for power.  In game I have VSync and TB on.   Unlimited frames in game.  Not locked FPS externally.  

Hopefully you don't have all the sliders jammed to the right.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

No I actually have sliders at responsible settings.  I have tried different settings using nvi with not much luck.  Nyxx hope to see your suggestions soon friend.

Kevin Humphryes

Currently not using affinity mask and monitoring cpu and gpu usage.  Cpu core 0 staying at 90% and above rest of cores are low most of the time.  Gpu is hovering around 30% load.

Kevin Humphryes

I have the same CPU, monitor Hz and a 1080GTX video card, but I use G-SYNC which gives me a smooth performance. What sim do you use? For the start I would check the following

1. If you overclock the CPU, memory or GPU, try the default settings and timings.

2. Reset your Nvidia profile to default,

3. Delete the Shaders cache @ \\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

4. Get rid off AM in the prepar3d.cfg, just leave it default and set fps slider to unlimited; no fps limiter in the Nvidia inspector

5. For testing, switch off any anti-virus or malware scanner and check in the task manager whether there is a software causing work load for the CPU,

You might not want to hear it, but sometimes also a hardware defect can cause stutters. It might also be worth to check components if the other things fail.

Cheers,
Chris

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

41 minutes ago, BamaKevin said:

Currently not using affinity mask and monitoring cpu and gpu usage.  Cpu core 0 staying at 90% and above rest of cores are low most of the time.  Gpu is hovering around 30% load.

HT off or on? 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Present! i74790k on a 144hz monitor, but is not the same as you, it's a 1440p gsync monitor, and my experience with it in P3D was not nice, i change to a 4k 30hz TV(still have the monitor) to get the sweet spot (cant say the same with XP)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I was using a Sony 43in 4K tv too.  I could never keep frames above 30fps with Pmdg and addons.  Was using it at 30hz as well.

Kevin Humphryes

Sorry been out all night will post tomorrow

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

HT off or on? 

Curious about this response.  HT on or Off make and significant difference?  I run a 6700k OC’d to 4.5ghz with HT on, so just want to know if HT off is better in P3D. In FSX HT on was a must if you had it.  Figured it was the same with P3D.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Ok so far I applied AF= 85 with FFTF 0.01 reduced LOD Radius to 4.5 and overclocked to 4.7ghz HT on with FPS locked in sim only to 35fps with vsync and TB on. It has smoothed things out.

Edited by BamaKevin

Kevin Humphryes

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

Curious about this response.  HT on or Off make and significant difference?  I run a 6700k OC’d to 4.5ghz with HT on, so just want to know if HT off is better in P3D. In FSX HT on was a must if you had it.  Figured it was the same with P3D.

With the 4790K I did not notice any performance difference in P3D with HDR on or off. But I got significantly higher CPU temperatures when it is on, which is why I always leave it OFF, thus giving higher OC capabilities. 

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

The problem is even with the same spec's people still have to find what works for them.

I found for my PC was not to use any AM or process lasso, using them should be simple but I found to get stutter free was impossible with them and if I did I got blurry textures. 

What worked for me was dividing my refresh time of monitor to a reasonable FSP time for me 120 / 5 =24 the same FPS for a 144hz /6 =24. So since you will never see a true 24 with 24 set, you need a steady 24 so set FPS to 25, so it's always reading e.g. 24.8. Set Vsync on and Triple buffering on.

When I start the Sim I have already started apps like ProATC,AS,ASCA,SF,Virtual airline, etc. Within W7 I goto and, No using process lasso did not have the same effect as this. I opened task manager and kicked everything of core 0. Thats with HT ON.

Setting are below. 

Good Luck I hope you find the sweet spot for your PC. It's not easy, that's for sure.

s3.jpg
s1.jpg
s2.jpg