Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Remaining PF3 issues

May I ask if you already had the chance to work on these (hopefully last) small issues with PF3 which I reported some time ago?

Also the VFR pattern reports (turning base etc.) still do not work (I reported that long ago), neither when talking to ATC myself nor when telling my FO to do so.

Best regards!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the reminder.

Will be looked at next week or later.

Too much to handle this week.

Tested Emergencies with 2.7.5.5:

FO now asks me if we can reach the departure airport and transmits my response to ATC. That is working fine basically. But the timing is not quite right. The FO asks me while ATC is still talking. There should be a delay of 3 or 4 seconds.

Another issue:

First thing ATC responds after declaring emergency is to set Squawk 7700. The FO does not do that (whereas he does it fine after the initial ATC clearance).

I am not sure about the correct real world procedure. Is 7700 set only on request by ATC or does the pilot set 7700 on his own, when he is declariung emergency? Anyway maybe the MCE-FO could set 7700 automatically when declaring emergency.

More tests to come. ;-)

Emergencies (timing and setting 7700 on the transponder) work fine now with 2.7.5.8.

The last two things on my list: ;-)

1. Handling of pattern reports. Reports like "Tower, Cessna N182T is turning right base to land runway 28" when flying VFR into a controlled airfield are recognized properly according to the red text line most of the time, but obviously the correct hotkey is not sent to PF3.

2. Variations of "as cleared" when checking in with a new facility (only a cosmetic improvement). 

Edited by RALF9636

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:35 AM, RALF9636 said:

Emergencies (timing and setting 7700 on the transponder) work fine now with 2.7.5.8.

The last two things on my list: 😉

1. Handling of pattern reports. Reports like "Tower, Cessna N182T is turning right base to land runway 28" when flying VFR into a controlled airfield are recognized properly according to the red text line most of the time, but obviously the correct hotkey is not sent to PF3.

2. Variations of "as cleared" when checking in with a new facility (only a cosmetic improvement). 

Should be cleared in latest release V2.7.6.2

Sorry for the wait.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Should be cleared in latest release V2.7.6.2

Sorry for the wait.

Great, can't wait to test it! Have a number of GA VFR flights in the pipeline in the Aegean for that purpose 🙂

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

What would be the sentence to ask the FO to announce "downwind", "final" and so on... to the tower?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, DrumsArt said:

What would be the sentence to ask the FO to announce "downwind", "final" and so on... to the tower?

Thank you and Regards,

Sorry for the delay. Had to check first.

No such commands seem to have been implemented. They would be useful though.

Time permitting, they will be in soon.

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Now you got me confused. Haven't we been discussing right these VFR pattern reports for months or even longer (not only in this thread)? And didn't you release some interim versions that should have been adressing that these phrases did not trigger the correct hotkey, latest with version 2.7.6.2 (which I din't have time to test yet)?

So now you found these phrases have never been implemented at all in the first place?

Please don't get this wrong, it's not meant as criticism, just to make sure we are not talking past each other. ;-)

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Now you got me confused. Haven't we been discussing right these VFR pattern reports for months or even longer (not only in this thread)? And didn't you release some interim versions that should have been adressing that these phrases did not trigger the correct hotkey, latest with version 2.7.6.2 (which I din't have time to test yet)?

So now you found these phrases have never been implemented at all in the first place?

Please don't get this wrong, it's not meant as criticism, just to make sure we are not talking past each other. 😉

This is a different thing.

In latest version you can report downwind, base leg, yourself.

What Richard is suggesting is to be able to tell Fo to do it on your behalf, like

Tell controller we're on downwind

Tell tower we're turning left

etc.

etc..

And since a call-sign is involved when Fo transmits, you can't even do it yourself via Voxkey.

27 minutes ago, FS++ said:

This is a different thing.

In latest version you can report downwind, base leg, yourself.

What Richard is suggesting is to be able to tell Fo to do it on your behalf, like

Tell controller we're on downwind

Tell tower we're turning left

etc.

etc..

And since a call-sign is involved when Fo transmits, you can't even do it yourself via Voxkey.

Got it. My bad.

I hopefully find the time to test 2.7.6.2 soon.

12 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thank you Gerald.

@RALF9636

Tested the 2.7.6.2 version, the VFR pattern reports work well.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 6/6/2018 at 4:44 AM, DrumsArt said:

Tested the 2.7.6.2 version, the VFR pattern reports work well.

Confirmed! Nice!

One thing I noticed on my latest testing flights (it has already been mentioned around here recently):

"... ready for departure" and "... requesting takeoff" are often misinterpreted as a request for a different runway. Maybe that can be fine tuned a little.

17 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Confirmed! Nice!

One thing I noticed on my latest testing flights (it has already been mentioned around here recently):

"... ready for departure" and "... requesting takeoff" are often misinterpreted as a request for a different runway. Maybe that can be fine tuned a little.

OK, will be looked at.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, DrumsArt said:

Thank you and Regards,

Now in latest build.

Ignore the version listed on website. It's currently V2.7.6.6

If the commands for those requests aren't accepted, feel free to post the kind of verbiage you'd be using and the speech grammar would be updated accordingly.

Right now, here are some variants. Words between parenthesis arte optional

Tell (the) controller we are on downwind

Advise (the)controller we are on downwind

Inform (the) tower we are on downwind

Replace "downwind" with "base leg", "left base", "right base", "final", "short final", or "long final" for other requests.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1