Sign in to follow this  
divinglyc

Rolling or Taxi sound?

Hi! Dev. team,

I really like this plane, however, is it possible to implement the noise sound even the bumping while taxiing or rolling?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

I have these sounds on P3D4.1.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Really? How come it's so smooth and quiet while I taxi?

Is it only me or I have missed something?

Iching Lee from Taiwan

it is silent at taxi, the ground roll at take-Off is bumpy though....add's to the immersion.

We have these sounds. Me myself added different wind sounds, since in my opinion in flight the wind sounds are not loud enough....(yes it have set the wind volume to max).

24 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

We have these sounds. Me myself added different wind sounds, since in my opinion in flight the wind sounds are not loud enough....(yes it have set the wind volume to max).

You think it's not loud "enough" but the MD-80 flight deck is actually very quiet honestly.  The internal stick noises are pretty accurate.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hi Brian,

It was "my opinion" that i like more wind sound, i did not try to say that it was not accurate enough (to be clear).

Kind regards,

Ben

2 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

it is silent at taxi, the ground roll at take-Off is bumpy though....add's to the immersion.

Would u care to share how u modified the wind sounds? I would also like them louder but my biggest annoyance is the looping effect it has when in cruise.  Drives me nuts.

Matt Wilson

Hi Matt,

It's up to your taste wich you use.

I copied the wind sounds (from the B738 from a well known developer) into the Maddog X Sound folder.

Then i copied the wind text out of the sound.cfg of that B738 (that are 4 or 5 lines) and pasted them into the Maddog X sound.cfg on the place where the sound text is (overwriting the Maddog sound line actually there is only one line)

After that the sound is way to hard in the MD80, i lowered that by lowering the Cockpit sound slider in the P3Dv4 settings until it was good enough for me.

Now the wind sound is more as a flying aircraft to me.

In fact you can use the sound from every aircraft from wich you like the sound and copy that into the MD80.

Regards,

Ben

2 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

Hi Matt,

It's up to your taste wich you use.

I copied the wind sounds (from the B738 from a well known developer) into the Maddog X Sound folder.

Then i copied the wind text out of the sound.cfg of that B738 (that are 4 or 5 lines) and pasted them into the Maddog X sound.cfg on the place where the sound text is (overwriting the Maddog sound line actually there is only one line)

After that the sound is way to hard in the MD80, i lowered that by lowering the Cockpit sound slider in the P3Dv4 settings until it was good enough for me.

Now the wind sound is more as a flying aircraft to me.

In fact you can use the sound from every aircraft from wich you like the sound and copy that into the MD80.

Regards,

Ben

Thank u very much!

Matt Wilson

I really wanted the bumping on taxi, too but at the moment it is not possible as we are not able to "recognize" taxiway centerlines, only runway.

With regards to wind/aerodynamic sound. We analyzed plenty of videos on top for our own flying experience in the Maddog.

In the MD-80 the aerodynamic sound is near zero at takeoff speed, increases at around 250kts, then decrease again at higher speeds.

We are pretty confident on the result of our internal cockpit sounds.

You can always tweak the volumes from the LM, some aircrafts had louder a/c, hyd pumps, gyroscopes...

Personally I also changed them slightly to my own perception/preference.

We are aware of the looping effect of the aerodynamic sound, we'll see if we can improve it.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

2 hours ago, Meekg said:

I really wanted the bumping on taxi, too but at the moment it is not possible as we are not able to "recognize" taxiway centerlines, only runway.

With regards to wind/aerodynamic sound. We analyzed plenty of videos on top for our own flying experience in the Maddog.

In the MD-80 the aerodynamic sound is near zero at takeoff speed, increases at around 250kts, then decrease again at higher speeds.

We are pretty confident on the result of our internal cockpit sounds.

You can always tweak the volumes from the LM, some aircrafts had louder a/c, hyd pumps, gyroscopes...

Personally I also changed them slightly to my own perception/preference.

We are aware of the looping effect of the aerodynamic sound, we'll see if we can improve it.

Thanks! 

Today I find another issue regarding sound, the boarding music.

It has become very very low, hardly can I hear it. I have adjusted to Max in the load manager. This was OK at version 1.03.

So anything wrong?

Iching Lee from Taiwan

1 hour ago, divinglyc said:

Thanks! 

Today I find another issue regarding sound, the boarding music.

It has become very very low, hardly can I hear it. I have adjusted to Max in the load manager. This was OK at version 1.03.

So anything wrong?

If you can't control it and you think it has changed, please submit a support ticket.

I personally do not use it so our leading developer will need to double check it directly.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif