Hey, I know this is a pretty (read:very) big request, and there's no time limit, but can someone give me a complete tutorial on how to use Photoshop to repaint the PMDG 747 v3? All those tutorials online I've found assumes that you know how to use Photoshop already, and it's not helpful. Basically, what I'm asking is that you teach me like I've never even heard of Photoshop before. Thanks!! 

That is a huge ask ... my suggestion would be to learn the basics of Photoshop first, including how to manage layers.  Read the manual, look for some online tutorials dedicated to Photoshop.  Only with that basic understanding would you be able to make good use of any paint kit, let alone the PMDG 747 V3.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Thing is you really do need to know how to use Photoshop in order to use any of the paint kits. If you don't, you need to figure that out first, so I'd say start by looking for tutorials on how to use Photoshop in general. Kind of hard to really give a tutorial on how to use Photoshop to paint a plane since every livery is different, so you might not necessarily use everything that's there. For instance, Delta's livery has curves. American's old livery didn't. All the same, American's old livery had bare metal, and Delta's livery doesn't. It's pretty much impossible to come up with a full blown tutorial for every possible scenario, and doing so would be a complete waste of time.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

MOD NOTE: Moved to the Paint Shop part of the forum, where this is more applicable.

Kyle Rodgers

I agree, looked at all kinds of tutorials online and videos for Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.net etc., none help much, if any at all.

4 hours ago, jymp said:

I agree, looked at all kinds of tutorials online and videos for Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Paint.net etc., none help much, if any at all.

Thank you. The problem is that all of those tutorials presume that you know SOMETHING about PhotoShop or photo editing in general, I need a 100% beginner's lesson. As outlined in my question, teach me like I've never heard of photoshop before. 

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding.
The internet is full of tutorials about painting with photoshop.
There are no tutorials avaiable , teaching you how to work with photoshop and in the meantime make a paint for a flightsim model.

What you want is  having paino-lessons and end up performing a pianoconcerto by Chopin the same time. , within a few weeks.

Learn to use Photoshop in general FIRST.
And then start a simple paint.( better said the most simple one you can find) 

Do not start learning horse-riding on a wild stallion.

Ozzieblr wrote;

That is a huge ask ... my suggestion would be to learn the basics of Photoshop first, including how to manage layers.  Read the manual, look for some online tutorials dedicated to Photoshop.  Only with that basic understanding would you be able to make good use of any paint kit, let alone the PMDG 747 V3.

That is the answer to your question and thats all there is to say about.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints