Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

Microsoft Access Data Base Engine (Spanish)

This may help.

• Upvote 1

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti

Removed my link. rcoultus's link above finally completed.  For some reason it was empty for the first 10 minutes.

Read deep into the topic he linked  if you do not read far enough and act you may cause other problems downstream.  So read deep.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I uninstalled this since the microsoft installer for the powerpoint viewer (trying to install in order to run my airline's flight training slides)... now P3Dv4 won't run... and I can't seem to find the installer again in the internet to put it back. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

eeek, cannot find the spanish version to reinstall, in order to make p3dv4 run again. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

10 hours ago, bjratchf said:

eeek, cannot find the spanish version to reinstall, in order to make p3dv4 run again. 

You can run the 777 or 747 installer and select repair, this should reinstall the access. The other solution is to disable RAAS from loading with P3D. For this you will need to edit the dll.xml. With this option RAAS will not work at all.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On 3/9/2018 at 4:59 PM, bjratchf said:

You do not need the spanish version, I uninstalled it, downloaded the 64bit MS Access English installer from Microsoft's website and RAAS and P3D load okay - David Lee

Hola amigos!

The Microsoft Access Database engine (64 Bits) is used by the 64 bit version of RAAS.  

It's how RAAS reads the runway database in the 64 bit version of P3D V4.

Spanish / English makes no difference.  That's just the display language used by the installer, which none of you should see anyway since it's installed silently.

I believe PMDG now installs the English language version of the Access Database Engine, but I'm not a 100 percent sure.  But again, it would make no difference anyway.

The only potential issue people could have with the Access Database Engine is if the user, for whatever reason, is running an old 32 bit version of Microsoft Office on their computer, and they need to keep that old version of Office because they're using addons for Office that don't work with the newer Office. We've had a couple users in this situation.

In that case, the user will need to make a choice:  either upgrade to Microsoft Office 64 bits, or not use RAAS.

Gracias,