Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Live Traffic 1.05 released

Hello @ll,

Lorby Live Traffic version 1.05 is available on the DOWNLOADS page of the Lorby-SI website.

Changes in this version:

1. Option to choose between two different modes of operation:

• "Live" as it was before
  • "Simulator AI", where the aircraft are created as native simulator AI. They will taxi in and out of the gates and they will interact with you, with each other and with ATC. But they will not fly the real world routes, only departure and arrival airport are the same. The usual limitations as for data quality of the online services apply, especially the free one

2. Option to add the standard BGL based simulator AI traffic automatically depending on altitude. When you are in "Live" mode, you set this for example to only create a few simulator AI flights when you descend below a certain threshold altitude. That way your airport will be populated with aircraft, even if they aren't the "real" ones. Note that this only works with BGL based traffic, not with the "Ultimate Traffic" range of products.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS OF THE  PREVIOUS VERSIONS
Before running the new version, please delete all LLTX data folders named like "C:\Users\...\Documents\LorbyLiveTraffic* Files". Otherwise the "Simulator AI" mode will not work.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I just tried this program for the first time and also installed your radar on a second computer.  So far it is working in that I can see traffic on the radar and on the main live Traffic screen.  Also in sim I am seeing some aircraft on approach. 

I am using MyTraffic6 (which I have), configured only to select MT6, nothing else.  In live mode using OpenSky/ADSB-Ex.  Delete below 100./100 and create above 50/30.  Remove default liveries unchecked.  Also checked Show 30% of airliner AI traffic when below 15ft (I have P3D v4.2).

Two issues though that I wonder if you can help with.

1) I don't see any traffic on the ground and I thought with MT6 it would show with this new version.

2) Aircraft and liveries are showing small default turbo prop rather than say BA777 or some other common airline and type.

Just wondering if my settings are correct?  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I just tried this program for the first time and also installed your radar on a second computer.  So far it is working in that I can see traffic on the radar and on the main live Traffic screen.  Also in sim I am seeing some aircraft on approach. 

I am using MyTraffic6 (which I have), configured only to select MT6, nothing else.  In live mode using OpenSky/ADSB-Ex.  Delete below 100./100 and create above 50/30.  Remove default liveries unchecked.  Also checked Show 30% of airliner AI traffic when below 15ft (I have P3D v4.2).

Two issues though that I wonder if you can help with.

1) I don't see any traffic on the ground and I thought with MT6 it would show with this new version.

2) Aircraft and liveries are showing small default turbo prop rather than say BA777 or some other common airline and type.

Just wondering if my settings are correct?  thanks.

Hello Mark,

From what you are writing, I suspect that MT6 is not properly set up - you must make sure that the simulator can see the MT6 models, that they are on the simulator objects lookup paths (which is configured slightly differently for all the simulators out there).

1. Traffic on the ground: there are only two instances where this happens:

- when in "Live" mode, you must activate the checkbox "Show ..% of airliner traffic when below" - and MT6 must be configured so that it can actually work (=the scenery part of it with the BGL flight plans must be active too!). What you will see on the ground is simulator AI traffic, generated by MT6 - not in any way "live" (this feature was requested by a user in another thread)

- when in "Simulator AI" mode, traffic on the ground will be created eventually, when and if the online datasource yields that kind of information. But the whole traffic principle is different, the aircraft are not guided along all the time like in live mode - they just get their departure and arrival airports and fly there like any simulator AI would.

2. What exactly did you do when you "configured only to select MT6"? The correct procedure is to just open the LLTX database dialog, select the desired package with the radio buttons on the top left, then immediately close the dialog again. Do not press "Scan folder" or anything like that. I have pre-configured the 4 major AI packages for you, and you just have to select one. If you are unsure if this setup worked out correctly, please delete the LLTX folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\LorbyLiveTraffic Files" this will reset the mapping database.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

On point #2, yes I followed your directions in the manual and just opened the window, clicked MT6 and closed it again.  No scanning or anything else.

It is possible that MT6 is not configured correctly.  I added it manually and did not use the MT6 configurator.  The odd thing is that is shows models correctly when I just turn up the slider and previously I was using PSXSeecon and it worked correctly.  Is there a setting I can post here that would help you determine if it is set up correctly?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Oliver, nevermind, I think I found the problem, MT6 was removed from ProgramData and Scenery somehow when I updated to 4.2.  I cannot really test because I am mid flight but will try again soon and report if there is a problem.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

Hello @ll,

small bugfix to the app in 1.05 b02. The "Show AI % below..." altitude now is now interpreted as AGL. In b01 it was barometric, so if your airflied elevation was already above that limit, the mechanism would never be triggered.

The new version is ready for download.

Again the reminder from above: users of the previous version, plese delete all the LLTX data folders before using 1.05:
"C:\Users\...\Documents\LorbyLiveTraffic* Files"

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

updated LLTX again to version 1.05 b03. This fixes the database issue that would lead to "Simulator AI" mode not generating traffic, especially when used with RealTraffic.

Looks like the Project OpenSky servers are down currently. This will look like LLTX "hangs", but it is only waiting for a response.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Everything is back up a running now, all good

Thanks Oliver

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Excellent

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

Hi Oliver,

I got a problem to see the right Aircrafts in P3Dv4. I did the installation as described in the manual. I do have a big folder of installed Custom AI Aircrafts and I have added the Folder path to the program, I still have only default AI aircraft shown  as live traffic.Then I put the default Aircraft to a different Folder that they are not loaded.

No I get always the message "Object cannot be created as AI (wrong model?)!" and the tool is not connecting at all.

I built a new Database of my AI Aircraft (LorbyLiveTraffic_Aircraft_DB_custom) and if I load the program, this database is loaded as well but no connection, only the error message in the log file.

After re-installing the default AI-Aircraft to match the default profile (see below) the tool is connecting again but all Aircrafts are the default A/C. only on ground and the option "show AI traffic when below 1500ft" the real AI Aircrafts from my custom Folder are displayed but none of the flying Aircraft are displayed with the representing livery, just default P3Dv4

see a part of the Default profile:

<simObjectsDir>G:\AIAircraftV4</simObjectsDir>
  <datasource>OPENSKY</datasource>
  <realTrafficUrl>http://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/</realTrafficUrl>
  <openSkyUrl>https://opensky-network.org/</openSkyUrl>
  <adsbExUrl>https://www.adsbexchange.com</adsbExUrl>
  <flightAwareUrl>https://flightaware.com/</flightAwareUrl>
  <flightAwareFeeClass2>0.0079</flightAwareFeeClass2>
  <flightAwareFeeClass3>0.002</flightAwareFeeClass3>
  <defaultAirliner>Commercial Airliner Paint2</defaultAirliner>
  <defaultRegional>Bombardier CRJ 700 Paint1</defaultRegional>
  <defaultBusiJet>Learjet 45</defaultBusiJet>
  <defaultProp>de Havilland Dash 8-100 Paint1</defaultProp>
  <defaultGA>Mooney Acclaim With G1000</defaultGA>
  <defaultTwin>Beech Baron 58 Paint1</defaultTwin>
  <defaultHelo>Robinson R22 Paint1</defaultHelo>

What do I´m wrong or how to overcome this problem....as I said, all custom A/C are loaded into the sim at startup.

Hi,

just adding your custom AI models to the database is not enough. You will have to match each livery and aircraft model to their ICAO codes (the two columns on the right of the "Aircraft models" table - if they are left empty, the app cannot find those models). The procedure is described in the manual.

That the app cannot work if you take away the default models is normal. Those models are hard coded.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver,  I wonder if you can implement the following feature.  A toggle where you can move the ground traffic to zero as needed.  Reason is when flying on Vatsim at say an uncontrolled airport with some ground aircraft, it is desirable to have the AI go to zero so you can see other online traffic.  Then move the slider back up for your landing.  I tried to slide the toggle but the ground AI did not reset to zero so maybe the way you have it working the traffic is persistent.  I even tried moving to zero in the sim traffic page.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

57 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Oliver,  I wonder if you can implement the following feature.  A toggle where you can move the ground traffic to zero as needed.  Reason is when flying on Vatsim at say an uncontrolled airport with some ground aircraft, it is desirable to have the AI go to zero so you can see other online traffic.  Then move the slider back up for your landing.  I tried to slide the toggle but the ground AI did not reset to zero so maybe the way you have it working the traffic is persistent.  I even tried moving to zero in the sim traffic page.  thanks.

Hello Mark,

not sure if I understand you correctly - in the 1.05 b03 mentioned above, when you uncheck the "Show % of airliner AI traffic..." checkbox, the (airliner) traffic slider is set to zero. There should be no more simulator (airliner) AI. This checkbox doesn't affect your other AI traffic settings, only airliners. If you have GA traffic set to a value above 0%, it will remain that way.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

23 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

just adding your custom AI models to the database is not enough. You will have to match each livery and aircraft model to their ICAO codes (the two columns on the right of the "Aircraft models" table - if they are left empty, the app cannot find those models). The procedure is described in the manual.

That the app cannot work if you take away the default models is normal. Those models are hard coded.

Best regards

Hi Oliver,

I did what you said and now its working partially. But I noticed that quite alot ICAO codes for new Aircrafts and more in Airlines are missing. Example.... the new codes for ie B737max or the A319/320/321 Neos are missing.

I got a big number of Aircrafts still in the default livery.....

Could you please advise how and where to get them into the database?

Thank you in advance!