Sign in to follow this  
PLund

Issues with Maddogx Reboot

Dear Team,

I have now flown the MD80 with FS2Crew for some time and have some issues with FS2Crew.

- As others mentioned the sound of the FO, FA and ground crew is quite loud.

- Because the sound is so high I have experience the FO is talking over me. An example is that he reads the checklist, but because he is so loud FS2Crew hears him and he then continues to the next point or he reads a point and right after it starts a "Say again" loop.

- One thing I notice on the flight I just completed is that I had to say things twice. It register one thing first and when I say it again it reads it right. I have said the same the first time and clearly

- I would like the option of only using flood lights and that it´s switched off at 10.000ft.

- I really had hoped the interface would have been like the 737 Rebooted and 747.

To be honest I am  a little dissapointed in FS2Crew Maddogx Reboot. I own several other FS2Crew product which I really enjoy and makes it easier to fly not to mention more fun.

Best regards

Peter Lund

1. Have you tried turning down the volume?  Use the INT knob as per the manual.  We made some adjustments in V1.3 in the volume area.  If you want to try 1.3 out in advance, send me PM.

2. Try running the voice training again.  Our program is using the same speech recognition system as every other FS2Crew, so your results should be identical.  Ensure you're following our manual.

The phrases between each FS2Crew can be different, because each aircraft is different.

3. Why do you want the flood lights above 10,000 feet?

Cheers,

Some of the issues also are that the copilot does not really check if the verified items along the checklist are really done. For instance, on the NGX Reboot, if I don't set the autobrake or don't perform the departure briefing, then the NGX reboot copilot stops. Here, it goes on.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late reply as I have been doing some tests after your suggestions.

1. I honestly did see that. But I have now tried it, unfortunately not with a good result.
Some one of the voice are reduced, but some is not. So when I turn it down I can hear some of it and some I can´t hear.

2. I have tried running the voice training, but nothing changed. I have also flown the 747 afterwards and have no problem with that what so ever.

3. I don´t want the flood lights or nacelle lights on above 10.000ft. As it is now they are turned of at FL200 ;). I would like them off at 10.000ft and if possible to be able to decide when to use nacelle lights.

I am sorry if I am complaining all the time. As previously mentioned I have FS2Crew for PMDG 737 & 747 and are very happy with it and had it for B777 and Q400 back with FSX.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Hi Peter,

Did you install V1.3.  We released it  yesterday.  I may help with some of your volume issues.  

For the speech recognition:  Are you positive you're using the phrases in the manual?  As mentioned, the speech system is exactly the same as the one used in the 747.  Your results should be identical.

We'll consider your lights option for a future version.  

Cheers,