Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Navigraph, or NavDataPro ? - help me decide...

Well,

many moons ago I had the Jeppesen FlightChart, a service that came to an end some good time ago, and since then, apart from keeping my Aerowinx Nav Database updated every year, as well as ELITE IFR,  there was no use to it in other sims, so, I never invested again on this sort of software.

PFPX has been resting on my disk, untouched, since I bought it some 3 yrs ago... and it came with NavDataPro 1302 cycle.

It's time to start using this stuff, and it's not for IL- Battle of :-) - The FF A320 is making the mindset change rapidly and, incredible!, X-Plane is remaining on my disk for more than a week now !!!!

So, I'm buying it primarily for the FF A320, although I might use it latter with the iXeg 737 when I fund the unds to invest in that one. I believe the Navigraph is presently the only that offers more compatibility with X-Plane 11, but would really like to "listen" to your opinions.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't have any experience with NavDataPro, so I can't comment on their products. All I can say is that I'm a Navigraph subscriber (navdata and charts) since some years now, and I never had any serious issues with it.

I use it to update the navdata of all my addon planes, X-Plane 10 and 11, as well as PFPX. I also keep the PFPX XX03 update of every year in order to use it when planning flights for PSX.

You can also use your Navigraph subscription to get current flight plans in Simbrief. I don't think that's possible with NavDataPro?

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 1

I see Navigraph have a new subscription system and you cant order just one month of data anymore

• Like 1

ZORAN

I use Aerosoft, not because of the Navdata, there's probably not much difference with Navigraph. Occasionally Aerosoft is faster with new implementation for Addons, occasionally Navigraph.

It's because of the Charts. Navigraph uses Jeppesen, while Aerosoft charts come from the Lufthansa LIDO system.

For my taste they are better to read, and have a more professional appearance :)

Mike

• Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, zmak said:

I see Navigraph have a new subscription system and you cant order just one month of data anymore

But you can still purchase monthly subscriptions for FMS data and charts. Just not for data OR charts anymore.

31 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

It's because of the Charts. Navigraph uses Jeppesen, while Aerosoft charts come from the Lufthansa LIDO system.

For my taste they are better to read, and have a more professional appearance :)

Agreed, but Navigraph charts coverage was also significantly increased by switching from LIDO to Jeppesen (from over 2000 to over 6000 airports), which can be a real advantage when you aren't always flying to major airports.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mgeiss said:

Agreed, but Navigraph charts coverage was also significantly increased by switching from LIDO to Jeppesen (from over 2000 to over 6000 airports), which can be a real advantage when you aren't always flying to major airports.

Oh, ok, thanks for the info, I didn`t know that. For my type of flying, I can hardly imagine to need more than the 2000 biggest airports. But you are  certainly right, it might be relevant for some. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

3 hours ago, mgeiss said:

You can also use your Navigraph subscription

How much $$ is this please?

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

How much $$ is this please?

https://www.navigraph.com/

the  good  thing  now  with  the new  version of  navigraph  is  the charts  version,   you  can file  your  flight  plan  etc  and  it  will put  your plane  on the  map   on your flight plan  or  sid  or  airport  diagram  so  you  can follow  your  flight  on  the  charts  bit  like  a moving  map,  

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah Ive been to the site but see no pricing...

spacer.png

Navigraph charts also have a nighttime mode (black background) if you have a need for that option; that was a biggie for me and many others with multi-monitors especially.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pracines said:

Navigraph charts also have a nighttime mode (black background) if you have a need for that option; that was a biggie for me and many others with multi-monitors especially.  

yep   comes  in handy good  thing  about  it  now  you  can  view  your  charts  as  you  view  your  flight  plan  on the  same  gui 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg