2 hours ago, ohsirus said:

Thanks Chris!!! What Size Monitor is recommended?

For the panel? 29" ultra wide. 

Quick update.. The owner of diagma called me this morning in response to my return request  and the issues I had had thus far, and offer to replace with a fixed version for no charge, and they will pick up shipping for me to return the alpha.. 

I know what it is like to start a new business and customer service is a way that a small business can overcome issues like this.. So. I actually removed my videos and will withhold judgment with the new revision.. The take away here is that the company is willing to work with its customers to make sure they are satisfied. 

Time to pack this version.. Some of the issues from current version of screws have been replaced with bolts and the yoke side to side has been fixed.

I look forward to working with Diagma to get the updated hardware. Since originally writing this an hour ago, I have already received the fedex return labels. 

Edited by chrispix

Cool, I’m still holding out as no one seems to show anything past the unboxing phase.

Hello, I would be interested in the Flight Simulator Alpha Set Pro.

I live in France and I see that it is shipped internationally, so far so good. 

Now the simple question: is it compatible with 220/240V  50Hz  ( European standart ) ? What about Plug & socket types ? Does it has a standard PC plug so you can connect any simpe types of electrical outlet plugs ? ( https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ )

Etienne

5 hours ago, argharg said:

Now the simple question: is it compatible with 220/240V  50Hz  ( European standart ) ? What about Plug & socket types ? Does it has a standard PC plug so you can connect any simpe types of electrical outlet plugs ? ( https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/ )

Etienne

I'm pretty sure it's just a USB Controller. Not powered by socket plug. You provide the monitor for the gauges.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:13 PM, argharg said:

Etienne

Yes it is just usb powered, you do need a 29" ultra wide monitor.. seems that LG was my only option

On 3/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, ohsirus said:

Cool, I’m still holding out as no one seems to show anything past the unboxing phase.

Yup.. I am going to put a video together when I get the replacement.. It looks like they have replaced the metal screws with nuts/bolts on the metal box, so that might make maintenance a bit easier. I have to give them some props for jumping into an industry like this.  Standing behind their product and customers means a lot to me. Making things right, and contined improvement.  I will be doing a full unboxing redux, along with full setup videos, and then in p3d videos. Was planning on trying this with a2a 172.. Perfect practice plane for my daughter.

Will post back here when I get the replacement unit.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:11 PM, chrispix said:

Yup.. I am going to put a video together when I get the replacement.. It looks like they have replaced the metal screws with nuts/bolts on the metal box, so that might make maintenance a bit easier. I have to give them some props for jumping into an industry like this.  Standing behind their product and customers means a lot to me. Making things right, and contined improvement.  I will be doing a full unboxing redux, along with full setup videos, and then in p3d videos. Was planning on trying this with a2a 172.. Perfect practice plane for my daughter.

Will post back here when I get the replacement unit.

Hi Chris, Thank you for all the info you've shared so far. The picture + videos are priceless.
I live in Miami, and I am planning to drive up to Orlando and take a look at the simulator before I buy it.

Two things I am hoping see these days:
1 - Your updated video showing that everything has been fixed with the Diagma Alpha set.
2 - My tax return. lol

Keep the blue side up!

SS

Got my replacement yoke yesterday. I have not had much time to use it yet, but my initial impressions are positive. It is much smoother, the finish quality is very nice, the new clam system is much better and the mid size yoke is much more to my preference. I will use it over the weekend then make a review video.

Please do. and include more pics! 😉        I'll check back for your report..  Thanks for letting us know!

My replacement alpha set should be arriving some time next week (I expect), Although I will be out of town so it will be a couple weeks before I can do a part 2 unboxing & config/review.