Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@avgas2much

Thanks for giving the first report on the yoke, and for the pictures. I have a few more questions:

How much max force is needed in the pitch axis? E.g. compared to a previous yoke you might have used. Or pushing a kitchen weighing scale against the yoke handle.

How is the feeling (friction, notchiness) of the pitch movement when you use both hands, compared to one hand operation?

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

On 10/26/2018 at 4:43 PM, Bel said:

tell me please how to configurate knob of com/vloc , i don't found it into parametre of fsx or p3d tha,k's sir 

If you still haven't found this, try looking for a function called 'TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1'. If you have FSUIPC you can call it directly with function id 66375.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

20 hours ago, avgas2much said:

Okay,  I received the yoke and was not happy with the elevator feel (slight notchy bearing feeling). The ailerons feel nice and smooth. I dissembled to see if there was anything that I could address to correct the issue, but after speaking with Azat at Diagma he informed me that he is redesigning the bearing slide rails with new roller bearings and that this would resolve the issue. He told me to use the Yoke until he had a new one to send me (mid January). I have actually not used it in my sim yet as it is under construction, but the build quality looks very nice. I will give an update after I have the opportunity to actually fly with it. I wanted to upload some pics of the inside of the unit but have not figured out how to yet.

Seeing your photos of the internals this actually looks really promising, although it is hard to see how those slide bearings are implemented. If they can replace these with decent bearings without bumping the price up this will be a definite contender.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

Seeing your photos of the internals this actually looks really promising, although it is hard to see how those slide bearings are implemented. If they can replace these with decent bearings without bumping the price up this will be a definite contender.

But with some fundamental weaknesses. E.g. the bungee acting as pitch spring is mounted on the side. This puts a torque on the linear bearings. Not a good starting point.

42 minutes ago, oemlegoem said:

But with some fundamental weaknesses. E.g. the bungee acting as pitch spring is mounted on the side. This puts a torque on the linear bearings. Not a good starting point.

I think we can agree that's an asymmetry. I don't know on what basis you can assert that it's 'a fundamental weakness'.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

34 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

I think we can agree that's an asymmetry. I don't know on what basis you can assert that it's 'a fundamental weakness'.

There are two linear bearings, on two rails. The bearings are positioned side by side, perpendicular to the motion. That is fundamentally wrong position to counteract the torque induced by the bungee spring. 

3 minutes ago, oemlegoem said:

There are two linear bearings, on two rails. The bearings are positioned side by side, perpendicular to the motion. That is fundamentally wrong position to counteract the torque induced by the bungee spring. 

It's interesting that you singled out the asymmetric pitch bearing loads but not the asymmetric roll bearing loads. These are engineering factors and unless you have numbers it seems to me you can have nothing to say about their significance.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Ok ok.....I brought up this same concern about the bungee being on one side causing some side loading. Azat said he tried on both sides and made no difference assuring me that was not an issue. I cannot say how much force there is without measuring, but it feels pretty substantial at max position. Either way the new bearing configuration will resolve the roller feeling in the slide rail bearings. I think the issue is the bearings are just too small. 

9 hours ago, oemlegoem said:

@avgas2much

Thanks for giving the first report on the yoke, and for the pictures. I have a few more questions:

How much max force is needed in the pitch axis? E.g. compared to a previous yoke you might have used. Or pushing a kitchen weighing scale against the yoke handle.

How is the feeling (friction, notchiness) of the pitch movement when you use both hands, compared to one hand operation?

It make no difference whether you use one or two hands. I really cannot tell how much force, maybe 8-10 lbs at max input??

What I do like is it has quite a bit of travel and feels solid. 

Update on Yoke,

Hi Mike,

In the application there are several rendering images, please see.

I changed the whole design, replaced the MGN12 ball guides with a better and absolutely silent roller guide. On the axis, Pitch canseled the rubber rope and add parallel spring blocks with guides.

I ordered all the parts necessary for assembly, and I hope to receive it next week.

After the assembly, I will take photos from the finished sample, after complete testing I will collect another one and send it to you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16enIWRU_suNqGaoPj5LbM_QSNzSapTpD

I will say that other than slight bearing feel I have been very happy with the yoke thus far. Of course with the new bearing roller it will be a for sure winner.

I've been looking for a good yoke.

How many inches of travel is there from full forward to full back?

Thank you.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:34 AM, avgas2much said:

Update on Yoke,

Hi Mike,

In the application there are several rendering images, please see.

I changed the whole design, replaced the MGN12 ball guides with a better and absolutely silent roller guide. On the axis, Pitch canseled the rubber rope and add parallel spring blocks with guides.

I ordered all the parts necessary for assembly, and I hope to receive it next week.

After the assembly, I will take photos from the finished sample, after complete testing I will collect another one and send it to you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16enIWRU_suNqGaoPj5LbM_QSNzSapTpD

Have you received the replacement? 

That's good that the linear bearings are getting upgraded, but why did he change everything? His original system used bungee cords as do the other popular yoke makers. I'm not sure these new spring block replacements will work as well? Does the roll axis still use bungee cords?

I wonder if the current ones for sale have the old or new setup?

On 1/22/2019 at 7:17 AM, hiway said:

I've been looking for a good yoke.

How many inches of travel is there from full forward to full back?

Thank you.

6 3/4"

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.