Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch X-Plane v2.4.15 Released!

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.4.15 is now released!

It is available either via Plugin | Reality XP GTN | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

In this update:

• New: "Audio With Window Focus" option mutes device sound when simulator window is not active.
  • New: Preliminary VR Popup Windows support (XP11.20+).
  • Fixed: GPS Master Device state not saved to the settings file.
  • Enhanced: RealityXP.GTN.ini file management permits manual edits while loaded.
  • Enhanced: User's Manual corrections and additional information.
  • Enhanced: Further stability and performance enhancements.
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

I've purchased a GTN 650 yesterday (v2.4.15 / Garmin Trainer v6.41) and I've noticed a huge FPS drop in POPOUT window, from 60 FPS to 30 FPS (50% drop). However, there is no FPS drop when I use it in POPUP window.

I've tried to change any kind of settings options (even .ini file) but the issue persisted.

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Regards,

Edited by rodbittar

Hi,

I think someone else has reported this once on the previous version, however, there is nothing we can do: the popout and popup windows both are controlled by X-Plane and we merely tell X-Plane draw a rect with a texture there (and a few other rects with texture there and there). Basically, there must be at most about 20 OpenGL commands in the rendering loop.

This certainly is something related to the X-Plane rendering engine with popout windows instead. I suspect these use a FBO and it might be possible this goes right above your video card memory limit?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I suppose this problem could be related to this new version because I have also installed the GNS 530W v.2 and it does not happen there. The drop in frame rate is only about 5 FPS in GNS 530W POPOUT mode with almost no impact in FPS perfomance.

How can this happen? Two gauges made by the same developer have such different behaviors! That's why I think it's not related to X-Plane rendering engine, but rather some new coding/feature introduced in this new version.

Could you send me the previous version for me to test?

BTW, talking about machine specs, I have a really decent machine that is not supposed to have memory GPU issues: I7 7700 / Nvidia 1070 (8 Gb Memory) / 16 Gb RAM / 750 Gb SSD.

I hope you guys are really willing to investigate this problem and help me...

Hi,

It might sounds blunt, but believe me when I say:

"there is nothing we can do: the popout and popup windows both are controlled by X-Plane and we merely tell X-Plane draw a rect with a texture there (and a few other rects with texture there and there). Basically, there must be at most about 20 OpenGL commands in the rendering loop."

19 minutes ago, rodbittar said:

I hope you guys are really willing to investigate this problem and help me...

Please believe me the 'problem' is already investigated, hence the answer.

Please note the GNS V2 renders on CPU, the GTN renders on GPU and takes additional resources, not much in terms of GPU processing (otherwise you'd get drop in FPS regardless of popup/popout) but in terms of textures memory, which might just make your system / GPU pass the limit threshold between popup and popout.

Therfore, like I've asked above: 

9 hours ago, RXP said:

it might be possible this goes right above your video card memory limit?

Please first check the amount of video memory used as reported by the X-Plane graphics settings (it is displayed under the texture size slider).

What is the proper way to install updates?

I have run the wrapper and verified the serial key. Updated the Garmin trainer ok. But when I try and run the rxpGTN-XPL-setup.exe I get an error- Access is denied/ Setup was not completed Please correct the problem and run Setup again. Then is says Rolling back changes. Leaving the software without updating. I am running setup as Administrator 

@King_Air the usual way is to install over, otherwise, you can always uninstall first then install, whichever you prefer.

However, please don't run the installer as 'admin'. It is a bad idea which breaks the very nature of UAC control (you take a risk - not with our software but in general), and which also breaks the Windows path/registry redirections both the Trainer and the RXP software are expecting (normal Windows operation).

Is the error coming from the Garmin GTN Trainer installer, or the RXP plugin installer?

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@King_Air the usual way is to install over, otherwise, you can always uninstall first then install, whichever you prefer.

However, please don't run the installer as 'admin'. It is a bad idea which breaks the very nature of UAC control (you take a risk - not with our software but in general), and which also breaks the Windows path/registry redirections both the Trainer and the RXP software are expecting (normal Windows operation).

Is the error coming from the Garmin GTN Trainer installer, or the RXP plugin installer?

Coming from the plugin installer. rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.  Tried both, as admin and just the normal way.  

3 hours ago, King_Air said:

Access is denied/ Setup was not completed Please correct the problem and run Setup again.

Is there any additional indication about access to 'what' is denied? 

10 hours ago, RXP said:

Is there any additional indication about access to 'what' is denied? 

Strangely no. I thought it was some permissions thing so I tried the run as admin route. However after running through this 10 times or so the GTN plugin HAS updated to 2.4.15.0   But I did get that same error every time I tried.  The first time I got the error message I checked the plugin version within X Plane and it had not updated. But after several attempts and seemingly getting the same results the update happened. Weird.

I'm glad you've solved it now. Could this have been the anti-virus locking down some of our files?

2 hours ago, RXP said:

I'm glad you've solved it now. Could this have been the anti-virus locking down some of our files?

Possibly, I did toggle the Controlled Folder Access on and back off in Windows Defender. But it never prevented the error message from appearing.  And the Garmin trainer was able to update ok, just when the plugin setup tried to run

I bought and installed, and thought all was well, until......

The first problem I had was flying an ILS approach with GPS waypoints. It flew the waypoints ok, but when transitioning to a heading to intercept, it swung in the opposite direction and flew 355 deg, when it was supposed to fly 146.

then when I went back to my G1000 cockpits, I couldn't get the g1000 gps to track reliably, even when I disabled the plug-in, or even removed it from the X plane plug in folder and restarted XP. Finally, I have uninstalled Reality XP. My G1000s are ok again, but I don't know what to do next.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, RXP said:

Enhanced: RealityXP.GTN.ini file management permits manual edits while loaded.

That's a very welcome improvement. I didn't test it yet, but it will greatly help fine tuning the configuration (displays coordinates, testing options, etc.). Thanks!

On 24/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, RXP said:

Enhanced: RealityXP.GTN.ini file management permits manual edits while loaded.

How this feature should work?

Just editing the ini and saving is the way or I've to reload the plane to see changements?