Tell Clive to set flaps 10, flaps 10, extend flaps and he acknowledges it but the flaps do not move, I have to extend them manually. Same with retract flaps, flaps up etc. 

Walt Popowski

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Clive?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Sorry, That's my fault. I thought that was the MCE co-pilot's name. I think I had that wrong.   I'm going to try a flight again and see if I can figure out why. Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

1 hour ago, waltpop said:

I thought that was the MCE co-pilot's name.

It is his name indeed.

Try a different aircraft and see if FO controls flaps.

Are you using hardware to control the flaps?

I used another aircraft and it works. I think it may not work with the A2A aircraft. Will wait to see if a patch comes out, or if others are having a problem with the A2A aircraft and have found a solution. Again thank you for your help. Walt

Walt Popowski

2 hours ago, waltpop said:

I used another aircraft and it works. I think it may not work with the A2A aircraft. Will wait to see if a patch comes out, or if others are having a problem with the A2A aircraft and have found a solution. Again thank you for your help. Walt

I don't know about the other stuff, but could get the flaps going if you post the [fltsim.0] section found in the "aircraft.cfg" file for that specific aircraft.

Thanks

A2A Comanche has a working MCE set of commands.

Flaps, Gear, landing lights etc. Most of the "native" FSX/P3D functions all work. I used to use MCE to work RC4 and "dial" radios in the GTN 750(handy!)

Why would you ask anyone sat on your right side to work the flaps in a Cessna?:blush:

Best regards.

Good morning to erveryone,

sorry for reactivating this old thread but I bought the A2A c172 yesterday and flew my first flight with it and mce. What I've recognized is, taht either the flaps nor the AP works as it should. My Co-Pilot moves the Flaps in the 20° position althought I called for 10° and it sets the 30° correctly. As soon as I'd like to retract the flaps nothing happens can go back to 20° but just if i ask for 10°. 

With the AP it is simelar. Can activate and deactivate it via Clive but nothing more.

Made a full de- and reinstall of MCE as well as of the A2A aircraft, no changes.

Can somebody give me an idea what to do?

regards

Heinz 

1 hour ago, wezhei said:

sorry for reactivating this old thread but I bought the A2A c172 yesterday and flew my first flight with it and mce. What I've recognized is, taht either the flaps nor the AP works as it should. My Co-Pilot moves the Flaps in the 20° position althought I called for 10° and it sets the 30° correctly. As soon as I'd like to retract the flaps nothing happens can go back to 20° but just if i ask for 10°. 

With the AP it is simelar. Can activate and deactivate it via Clive but nothing more.

Made a full de- and reinstall of MCE as well as of the A2A aircraft, no changes.

regards

Heinz 

These sort of aircraft which aren't on the fully supported list are interfaced via the generic method used for default aircraft.

It all depends what the aircraft builder is using for specific items.

Do the flaps retract when you press F5?

Does the autopilot engage on pressing "Z" key?

MCE isn't using keyboard, but rather FSX events that are tied to whatever keyboard assignment you have in FSX. By default Z key is for AP, but of course could be something else.

Eventually send "Aircraft.cfg" file to support==multicrewxp.com

8 hours ago, wezhei said:

regards

Heinz 

Got the file. Thanks.

Somehow, reply was rejected by your e-mail server.

Assuming you have a file "C172_ref.txt" in \Multi Crew Experience\Reference\ folder, FO should identify flaps 10, 20 and 30 as the only valid detents for that specific aircraft.

If file is missing, you may be on a very old MCE version. In that case, update to latest.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Thx for the tip, but the file is available, have also found the relevant entries and running mce vers. 2.7.70. any other idea?