Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Adding voices: SAPI5 only? Sources?

Hello,
I got exactly the same problem. I used a number of IVONA voices next to the Microsoft ones without any problem. I bought a number of Cereproc voices recently and the problems started. I found out that when I start P2A or the Speech Properties dialog and play a Ivona voice first and then try to play a Cereproc voice, the error  occurs. Ivona voices play ok then. This happens also the other way around, when playing a Cereproc voice first and then a Ivona voice. I haven't found a solutions yet. Now one of the sets is useless.

Rob

2 hours ago, robvanderwiele said:

I used a number of IVONA voices next to the Microsoft ones without any problem. I bought a number of Cereproc voices recently and the problems started

Rob

more than an interesting note ..... my history was the opposite, no problems with cereproc before buying / installing from Harpo just the one Ivona voice.

were your ivona voices from harpo or nextup ..... curious to hear from any users of nextup ivona of issues &

how / where the 64bit voices are installed.

the other aspect to this is that the S2G minispeech app is reading 32bit versions not 64bit.

& to mention, my OS is W764.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, sbclark said:

including one Ionva voice, 2 Microsoft voices, and 6 Harpo or NUANCE

i notice bill has no cereproc voices ....

for now, cheers

john martin

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, sbclark said:

I'm not sure if my installed voices are 32-bit or 64 bit?

with W764

for list of 64 bit ..... C:\Windows\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

for list of 32 bit ......C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

for now, cheers

john martin

I just looked at my Program Files (x86) and that is where I believe all my speech files are located.

It appears that these 32-bit files do work with P2A.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

14 hours ago, vadriver said:

with W764

for list of 64 bit ..... C:\Windows\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

for list of 32 bit ......C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl

Interesting. I seem to have both 32- and 64-bit versions of my complete collection of voices!

This collection is gradually getting bigger (during the voice "50% off" sales usually), so that I'll be ready for when P2A start doing random assignments of voices -- well, at least from selected groups, and hopefully, one day, according to region flown over. [Dave?]

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

So I added some voices and I now have the following voices available: MS Dave, MS George, MS Linda, MS Hazel, MS Susan, MS Catherine, MS Zira, MS Sean, MS Richard, MS Mark and MS James. The defaults were MS Dave and MS Zira, and only ONE, MS Hazel, was added to Pilot2ATC voices. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any pointers!

The other ones are likely Mobile voices which are not available to Desktop applications without a registry hack.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC