Aerophil

Will a FS2004 program work with all later versions?

Will  a FS2004 program work with all later versions of MS Flight Simulator?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Universally?  No.  Some will, some won't. 

Regards

By FS2004 program, do you mean add-ons?

It is best to regard every 'new' Microsoft sim, FSX, FSX-SE as totally different.

Yes, some add-ons might work, but to avoid disapointment, use the add-ons in the simulation that they were designed for,unless specified by the developer of the add-on.

Regards,

Robin

I am not talking about add-ons.  I have a copy of the Pan Am Boeing 707 flight simulator for FS2004, and I want to know if it will work with newer versions of MS Flight Simulator.

3 minutes ago, Aerophil said:

I am not talking about add-ons.  I have a copy of the Pan Am Boeing 707 flight simulator for FS2004, and I want to know if it will work with newer versions of MS Flight Simulator.

Can you post a link to where you got this from?

To where I got what?  I don't understand what you want me to do.

20 minutes ago, Aerophil said:

To where I got what?  I don't understand what you want me to do.

I want you to tell me/us where you got "Pan Am Boeing 707 flight simulator for FS2004" so I/we can figure out what it is,  be it animal/vegetable/mineral/airplane/ai aircraft or whatever.

You seem to be calling it a simulator....you can't use a simulator in another simulator.

Do you have a CD/DVD disc that you want to install into your Sim, perhaps a 707 Pan AM from FS2004?

Sounds like this:

https://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/707/707.htm

That's an add-on for FS2004. FS2004 is a flight simulator. Anything that works within FS2004 is an add-on despite the add-on calling itself a simulator.
You can try it in later versions may or may not work or may only partially work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Sounds like this:

https://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/707/707.htm

That's an add-on for FS2004. FS2004 is a flight simulator. Anything that works within FS2004 is an add-on despite the add-on calling itself a simulator.
You can try it in later versions may or may not work or may only partially work.

Excellent!  That was my thought also.  If it's on a disc and this simmer goes to install it, it may come back and say "FS2004 not installed on this compute."  May not give any option of installing to a created folder.

10 hours ago, Aerophil said:

It is from here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15144/fs2004-pan-am-boeing-707-420/

I just wanted to know if it will work in later versions of FS2004

That's an addon aircraft for for AI traffic and I don't see any reason why it would not work.  Give it a try..nothing to lose!

You are adding this for use as AI and not planning to fly it yourself?  You will need AI flight plans as well.

Ok, just to clarify.. There has been a single version of FS2004, followed by an update.(free)

Anny commercial add-on will work, probably as long as the update has been installed.