Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would you happen to know if GSX requires .Net Framework 3.5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bob Marton said:

Would you happen to know if GSX requires .Net Framework 3.5?

dont  know  if  it  does  or  not  does it  matter  if  it  does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, in my unique case, it does. I am using the free W10 update that Microsoft provided when they decided W7 was no longer going to be supported. Therefore I have no disk. Somewhere along the way the W10 updater stopped working, and therefore I cannot download or activate .Net 3.5in settings. When I click on .Net 3.5 and apply, it just ignores the instruction. Therefore everything I currently have that uses 3.5 no longer works like EditvoicePack, and everything that utilized a different version works perfectly.

Edited by Bob Marton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Unfortunately, in my unique case, it does. I am using the free W10 update that Microsoft provided when they decided W7 was no longer going to be supported. Therefore I have no disk. Somewhere along the way the W10 updater stopped working, and therefore I cannot download or activate .Net 3.5in settings. When I click on .Net 3.5 and apply, it just ignores the instruction. Therefore everything I currently have that uses 3.5 no longer works like EditvoicePack, and everything that utilized a different version works perfectly.

wonder if  this  will work   just google  your  issue  and  you  might find  your  answer,  suppose  you have tried  downloading  it ?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install-insiderplat_pc/how-to-instal-net-framework-35-on-windows-10/450b3ba6-4d19-45ae-840e-78519f36d7a4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, that was the first thing I attempted, but I got an error message like Window updater cannot be accessed; installation failed.  I spoke with Microsoft via email, they say that other people have experienced this problem and they suggest buying the full W10 OS. It is easier to just not buy products requiring the 3.5, until I can upgrade.

Hence my question. I guess I will take my question to FSDT.  Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

Unfortunately, that was the first thing I attempted, but I got an error message like Window updater cannot be accessed; installation failed.  I spoke with Microsoft via email, they say that other people have experienced this problem and they suggest buying the full W10 OS. It is easier to just not buy products requiring the 3.5, until I can upgrade.

Hence my question. I guess I will take my question to FSDT.  Thank you

 

Hopefully  the  dev  will help  you out,  strange  that  your having  issues  sure  that there  are many users  in here  have  done the  upgrade  as  you  had   and  havnt  had  any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now