Sign in to follow this  
Ted Wendin

Parking Brakes not able to be set when doing a fresh load up

So this just started today, out of the blue.

This only happens on a Fresh Start up.  If I load a previously saved flight file, then none of these issues below so far has occured

Whenever I put on the Parking Brakes, they turn them off.  Now the tab for the Brake in the game is still up but my message below is now gone and my other programs I use (GSX) does not see that the parking break is on so I get stuck on push back.

I don't know what caused this as there hasn't been any real updates to PDMG or other Actively running software.  The only difference was another 3rd Party Aircraft update that was installed over 2 weeks ago and didn't initially cause the problem to my knowledge.

What I have done so far to thwart this for when I do a fresh start:

1. Disabled the Parking break shortcut from both Joystick and Keyboard.  That did solve this issue
  2. Disabled the Break shortcut from both Joystick and Keyboard.  That did not solve the issue
  3. Disabled the differential breaks shortcuts from both the Joystick and Keyboard.  That did not solve the issue as well.

This does NOT happen on: PDMG 737-800 or their addon packs (600/700/900) nor Queen of the Skies II

Any suggestions on how to fix this or what may be causing it?

Ted W.

30 minutes ago, Ted Wendin said:

So this just started today, out of the blue.

This means something changed in your configuration, and is not an issue with the plane (as the plane's code has not changed between when it didn't happen, and is now happening).

If you're using FSUIPC, move the FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder temporarily. If the issue goes away, it's FSUIPC. If it's not that, then it's likely your controller config in some way, particularly if it sets momentarily and then snaps right back to the off position.

Kyle Rodgers

Are you using FSUIPC? Haha... Kyle beat me to it.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

On 4/3/2018 at 1:46 PM, scandinavian13 said:

This means something changed in your configuration, and is not an issue with the plane (as the plane's code has not changed between when it didn't happen, and is now happening).

If you're using FSUIPC, move the FSUIPC.ini out of the modules folder temporarily. If the issue goes away, it's FSUIPC. If it's not that, then it's likely your controller config in some way, particularly if it sets momentarily and then snaps right back to the off position.

I get this, but it only does it when its from Scratch.  If I load a previously flown flight (I always save the flight at the end to load up to pick up where I left off) this issue does not occur.

Im not 100% sure I am using FSUIPC but a search for it does come up on my computer, so this could be the case.

Thank you.

Edited by Ted Wendin
removal of duplicate sig

Ted W.

On 06/04/2018 at 4:50 AM, Ted Wendin said:

Im not 100% sure I am using FSUIPC but a search for it does come up on my computer, so this could be the case.

If you were using FSUIPC to assing controls you'd know about it. You're most likely using the free version which is required for a lot of addons.

On 6 April 2018 at 4:50 AM, Ted Wendin said:

I get this, but it only does it when its from Scratch.  If I load a previously flown flight (I always save the flight at the end to load up to pick up where I left off) this issue does not occur.

Thank you.

Umm, interesting.

Tell me, what Panel State have you selected as the Startup Panel State in the CDU?

Edited by Guest