Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Keyboard hotkeys don't appear to work?

I've assigned Ctrl+F1 to PTT and Ctrl+F2 to "SayIt". But neither seem to do anything. Well, not that I can see.

Should there be any feedback on these hotkeys, such that one can see it is working -- eg the PTT button lighting its green border when the key combo is pressed? Because at present I can't work out what is wrong.

On my cockpit installation I've not even got as far as getting clearance! :-(

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete.

That's strange.  I saw your comment on the other PTT post that the assigned key press doesn't work using the keyboard directly attached to the P2A machine. 

I just tested on my system and assigning Ctl-F1 to the PTT HotKey worked.

In order for it to work, though, I had to be connected to the SIM so the program knows the radios are available.

Dave

32 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

In order for it to work, though, I had to be connected to the SIM so the program knows the radios are available.

It was definitely connected, or at least the connected box bottom centre indicated so.  And the PTT button did illuminate with a green box when pressed with the mouse.

I’ll try other key assignments, maybe something else is stealing that one.

Are they proper Windows hotkeys, or needing focus on P2A?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

P2A does not need to have focus.  I just tested and the HotKey works regardless of which program on my system has the focus.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I have the latest version, downloaded December 2018 and
configured a keyboard button to the PTT. It  defiantly triggers the PTT Button only if Pilot2Atc has the focus. (p3d v4.4, running fsForce and FsGlobalWeather, configureable logitech mouse)

best regards

Kurt

On 12/19/2018 at 1:06 AM, pumsti said:

It  defiantly triggers the PTT Button only if Pilot2Atc has the focus.

Is that with Windows 10? 

I have several programs using the Windows HotKey facility, and they too only get these when they have focus -- but only since I went to Win10 on my main PC.

Luckily the WideFS client PC on which I use P2A is still running Win7, and the PTT works fine there no matter what has focus.

I don't know if all builds of Win10 have the HotKey system broken. My Win10 is still 1803.

Pete

There is a new option at the bottom of Pilot2ATC BTNS config page that enables/disables the requirement for p2a or sim focus. 

Yes i have windows 10 prof. 

The new checkbox at the at the bottom of Pilot2ATC BTNS config page that enables/disables the requirement for p2a or sim focus is disabled

I have tried different keyboard keys and i have tried different view modes in p3d like "blackout Desktop\on,off" and "pause on task switch", fullscreen or windowed mode.

It does not work 

best regards 

RESOLUTION

I just found out the cause of the problem.

Pilot2Atc and P3d must run under the same cridential. 

If Pilot2Atc runs with user rights p3d must also run with  user rights

If p3d is running with Admin rights and Pilot2 runs with user rights, the trigger button does not work without focus.

Thank you pumsti,

I had the same issue and this helped me. P3D recently requested to be run with admin credentials (not sure why), so P2ATC PTT also wasn't working for me without focus.