johnbla

Ortho4XP in P3D?

I am using P3D v4.1 and X-Plane 11. I prefer P3D for all the add on's and aircraft that are available. Plus the atc in X Plane is useless, but the scenery in P3D is starting to get a bit repetitious. However, I have been making my own scenery in X-Plane using Ortho4XP. It is totally mind blowing. It's nearly like the real thing. Now, if only there was a converter to convert Ortho4XP tiles to a FSX or P3D format. The perfect flight simulator.............

I have played with FS Earth Tiles but wasn't pleased with the result. I believe TileProxy has trouble with autogen.

Here's wishing that down the track........

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi John,

You could add custom AG to the FST scenery by adding a texture folder .

At Simmarket there are several AG country packages for sale.

The same for OpenVFR.

Or for free :  http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html  ( has good and not so good AG coverage )

Many thanks. Bit confused, what is AG?

John

Autogen

Isn't this what Orbx TrueEarth will accomplish for P3D or am i a bit off?  

6 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Isn't this what Orbx TrueEarth will accomplish for P3D or am i a bit off?  

In essence, yes. But I'm fairly certain, that he OP is looking for some free alternative :smile:

Posted (edited)

Even if it worked in P3D, the engine just doesn't do ortho scenery well IMO. At least not without a developer spending resources to color correct it and annotate it properly.

And the way P3D does autogen isn't really compatible with how XP11 can do overlays on orthos. Not as freeware at least. Orbx obviously has it figured out for their coming payware but it's not being done by a simple tool like Ortho4XP.

Edited by bonchie

6 hours ago, bonchie said:

Even if it worked in P3D, the engine just doesn't do ortho scenery well IMO. At least not without a developer spending resources to color correct it and annotate it properly.

And the way P3D does autogen isn't really compatible with how XP11 can do overlays on orthos. Not as freeware at least. Orbx obviously has it figured out for their coming payware but it's not being done by a simple tool like Ortho4XP.

Indeed. There is no way you will ever accomplish with Ortho4XP (or something similar) what Orbx has accomplished with TrueEarth.